Weekend in the panhandle ( FLIGHT 1 )

The US 🇺🇸 states of Florida 🏝️🐊🍊 and Hawaii 🏝️🐢🌺 are the only 2 states in this vast country to have a tropical climate and because of this, these 2 are the most popular for vacation goers especially FL where every March, crowds of people come down to the sunshine state for Spring Break which never goes well but that’s another story. One place that has always interested me is the panhandle section of Florida, it houses our capital city of Tallahassee but it doesn’t have much cities compared to the Tampa Bay, Central, Southwest and the main South Florida region but there is one city that stand up other there,

Destin

I’ve always enjoyed the beaches on the west coast since I find the sand less saltier than on the east coast and the beach in Destin is on the Gulf of Mexico just like Clearwater and those other places, we also have Crab Island 🏝️🦀 which just looks stunning and it will prepare for my next trip out to Hawaii and eventually the Maldives 🇲🇻🏝️ we are staying in one of the resorts closest to it and it looks great as well, you can definitely say Destin is like a mini Cancun, Mexico 🇲🇽 or Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 🇩🇴 but back to South Florida despite the elegant resort I’ll be staying in, our way there will be anything BUT elegant you see in flying the magic school bus up to Pensacola about an hour west of Destin but still close enough and I could’ve flown American Airlines to Pensacola out of Miami 🏝️😎 but I chose not to since I had some spare Spirit miles, we weren’t bring any bags and honestly A320 > E175 but that’s just me. Since this is Spirit Airlines, we are departing out of Fort Lauderdale’s Hollywood Intl Airport, NK uses terminal 4 along with many foreign carriers as its main operating base, TSA was packed at 5am but luckily I had PLENTY of time before boarding so no rush, had some breakfast at this Cuban restaurant 🇨🇺 and it was off to gate G5!

Flight Info

Origin: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl 🇺🇸 (KFLL)
Destination: Pensacola International 🇺🇸 (KPNS)
Flight Time: 1:24
Airbus A320-200 (Spirit Airlines 2014)
Server: Expert

Waiting here at gate G5 is our aircraft, a 1 year old Airbus A320 who has spent its only year with Spirit, this plane has arrived from Guayaquil, Ecuador 🇪🇨 not too long ago and is currently being cleaned 🧼 for our flight over to Pensacola! Now I’d like to say that I’m cheating a bit on today’s adventure on the magic school bus as we are booked into a big front seat! Yeah I payed extra for it we’ll see if it is worth it or not but let’s board this bird!

Once on board you will see the 8 big front seats in a 2-2 configuration and the insane 174 economy seats in a 3-3 configuration with a grand total of 182 seats on the plane. My seat 2F has a good amount of space and comfort definitely beating any seat I would have had on the AA E175 if instead chose to fly them. This also provides a great engine view which will promise some buzz 🐝 but boarding didn’t take too long and we were soon off towards FLLs runway 10R for take off!

As promised, that buzz was so loud but in a good way of course no wonder why people adore the A320 family especially with the buzzing and the PTU dog 🐶 but I’m still team Boeing 737 I’ve just flown them more than I have A320s but still a great aircraft and as always, Hasta la vista Fort Lauderdale! 🏝️🛥️

Our cruising altitude for this mornings inter Florida flight would be FL340 the crew came around with their buy on board service, I didn’t buy anything so I won’t rate the catering but this crew was fantastic, really energetic and surprisingly gave a fellow passengers an extra water FREE OF CHARGE not sure if they are allowed to that but still incredible of them, 5 stars for the crew ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I needed to catch up on some school work so I bought the Wi-Fi which wasn’t too expensive and was decently fast sometimes even faster than Americans expensive Wi-Fi but make sure to download things before departure, no streaming entertainment on NK!

And soon enough, we were officially in the Florida panhandle over our capital of Tallahassee and soon enough we began our descent into Pensacola!

While I was up front in my big front seat, my parents were in the middle of the plane a bit behind the wing on the left and saw Destin as we banked left towards Pensacola.

Soon enough, the crew came around for their final cabin checks and we turned onto final for PNSs RWY 17 and while we were landing,

I heard the autopilot disconnection sound

How cool is that!

Soon enough we touch downed at a very beautiful morning here in Pensacola and overall this was a great flight, even though Spirit isn’t the most comfortable experience but it does promise transportation from point A to B for very cheap as long as you don’t bring bags 😉 and they are totally safe to fly, I’ve flown them numerous times and never felt endangered and call me crazy but I found this 1 and a half hour flight on Spirit much more comfortable than an 8 hour road trip.

A positive experience with Spirit has to end with a visit to the cockpit and today was no exception! 😎

Last view of our banana which will return to FLL at 9am before heading off to Punta Cana funny enough, no need to wait for bags since we didn’t bring any and Spirit is way too strict about them anyways but we did need to wait a bit for a rental car but once we did get it, we hit the road for an hour to our resort in Destin! This is all for todays report on Spirit Airlines from Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ to Pensacola I’m glad you came along with me on this trip and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

13 Likes

No “water leakage” on that flight?

3 Likes

No

1 Like

Was it a nice landing?

Yeah

1 Like

@NonStopsAviation Continue with the one word answers

Was it a good flight

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Is it ever windy down there?

1 Like

Very

1 Like

I ain’t reading all that

Cool shots though 👍

1 Like

I quite literally have a mental breakdown when I see all those words and emojis 😆.

2 Likes

@Airborne_Canuck

@RedWolf

Short version:

I flew from Fort Lauderdale to Pensacola on Spirit’s A320 and it went great with a good crew and decent seats

5 Likes

Great pictures! You should definitely visit Destin’s airport next time, it’s very beautiful there!

1 Like

I remember flying an A320 NEO in real life when it was December 2023 and I was sat sort of in front of the plane and I also heard he autopilot disconnection sound. It was so cool and made me perk up a bit after flying almost 5 hours with no IFE and nothing to do in an uncomfortable seat. I believe it can be heard anywhere in the plane if the cabin is quiet enough as on the way back I flew the same aircraft and this time it was an uncomfortable 5 hours but I was sat just behind the wing and heard it again. I wish on all aircraft we can hear that. Nice trip report. Also @NonStopsAviation how do you get to answer with one word? It restricts me from doing that.

1 Like

You need to type in < remove > if you want to speak with one word. (No spaces though)

2 Likes