Weekend in the panhandle ( FINAL FLIGHT )

Good morning everyone from Pensacola, Florida in which today I’ll be taking a flight from here in Pensacola back to home to South Florida 🏝️🐊🍊 on a Spirit Airlines Airbus A320 in their big front seats just like last time. I had arrived at Pensacola’s airport at 7am but had to wake up at 5am since we had to pack our stuff, check out of our hotel and drive from Destin to Pensacola which both took 2 hours combined. And I have to say Destin is for sure worth visiting even if your out of state amazing beaches, food, cultures and if you get the chance, Crab Island 🏝️🦀 is a MUST do attraction in this area. TSA went fairly quick as it was a smaller airport and we were soon in the departures hall. We got a small breakfast from a Dunkin’ Donuts 🍩☕️ inside since we wouldn’t have time for a proper one at a restaurant. It wasn’t the best but at least got the job done but it was at this point I began my walk over to gate 8 hosting our departure this morning to Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️

Flight Info

Origin: Pensacola International 🇺🇸 (KPNS)
Destination: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl 🇺🇸 (KFLL)
Flight Time: 1:16
Airbus A320-200 (Spirit Airlines)
Server: Expert

Unlike my inbound flight, my return flight to FLL will be operated by one of Spirits few “skittles” A320s this one just coming in from Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ and now it’ll be heading back. Just before boarding, 2 passengers were called up to the gate agents desk and were asked to weigh their bags since they looked overweight and sure enough, they got charged an extra fee for surpassing the weight limit, Yikes 😬 luckily I’m only travelling with a backpack and that’s included on NK so no extra fee for me but let’s board this bird!

Same seat as last time but no howdy on the winglet this time 😕 Eh no big deal, seats pretty comfortable just like and maybe exceeding the domestic first class seats on American, United and Delta. But all this “class” offers is the better seat, everything else including snacks, drinks and Wi-Fi is still an extra cost but soon enough boarding was completed, we pushed back and made our way to PNSs runway 17 for take off!

Since PNS is a relatively small airport, our taxi time to the runway was relatively short and soon enough, we were airborne heading out of Pensacola heading back towards South Florida! 🏝️🐊🍊

Our cursing altitude for todays journey back to the Venice of America 🏝️🛥️ would be FL350 and the crew began with there service just above our capital city of Tallahassee, I got myself a Coke and some Lays Chips which were just what I expected to be, basic but adequate it’s basically like stopping at a gas station on a road trip. The crew were great but not too engaging and seemed like they only came around if they needed us so I’ll say that’s 3 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️ I didn’t purchase the Wi-Fi this time around and instead settled for a few episodes of Young Sheldon to keep me occupied on this 1 hour and 20 minute journey home!

Soon enough, we were right over the Tampa Bay area with Clearwater and St. Petersburg in view. We were right over Tampa Intl Airport when this was taken and even looked down but couldn’t see anything and soon enough our captain came on the PA stating that we’d be beginning our descent into Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ soon!

The crew came around with a final cabin check before landing right over the swampy Florida Everglades 🐊 with I-75 down below!

After a whole lot of wetlands, now we see poeple, cars, buildings and roads along with the famous Hard Rock guitar 🎸🎰 as we get closer and closer to FLLs RWY 10R which is our landing target today!

And just like that, I’d like to welcome everyone back to Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ the yacht capital of the world! So now onto my final thoughts, I don’t think I’ve ever said anything differently about Spirit or any ultra low cost carrier I’ve made a review about other than you get what you pay for. I mean it is true after all, Spirit is supposed to be a low cost and NO frills airline and they do it correctly and safely. NK has not had ONE fatal accident yet and manages to keep a young fleet despite popular beliefs so if the price is right, the flight isn’t long and you don’t have high expectations, Spirit may be the airline for you! And like I said before, this 1 hour and 20 minute flight would be WAYYY more comfortable than a 8-9 hour road trip.

A friend of mine named Bill, got stuck in traffic on I-95 just as we were approaching and took this picture of us landing, Thanks bud I appreciate it!

We parked in FLLs terminal 4 which is Spirits home base along with a few other mainly foreign carriers besides Air Canada and here is the last view of our skittles plane before she heads off to Chicago! Like I said no bags to wait for and we were off to my car and drive back home and do some shopping for my next tropical getaway which will be Hawaii! 🏝️🐢🌺 I’m super excited for it especially since I get to see what American Airlines offers on long haul domestic flights and see if they are treated equally to their international long hauls or similar to a 2 and a half hour domestic hop. But that’s for May so keep your eyes peeled and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

8 Likes

Bill is a w

1 Like

@whyevenbothernaming approved! Especially Tampa…

A cool thing in your Glades picture is how the Miami megametropolis extends throughout the entire top part of the photo, like a never ending city…last time I saw that was in Athens.

1 Like

The amount of civilization between the swamps and the Atlantic always amazes me