Weather in Infinite Flight

Hi I just wanted to know that who sets the weather for regions
Is there some ATC rank at which we can set the weather or do the developers set and change the weather

2 Likes

It’s the same as the weather in the real world, if I’m not wrong it updates every 10 minutes or so.

8 Likes

Live or solo?
In live It’s automatically updated every 30 minutes.
In solo, you set it yourself.

3 Likes

It’s the real world METARs:

https://aviationweather.gov/metar?gis=off

2 Likes

Just in case:

3 Likes

Thirty minutes *

5 Likes

Correct. Either 30 or 60 minutes, depending on which AWOS/ASOS systems the airfield is equipped with.

3 Likes

In global, we’ll have a blend of Metars and global weather data with winds, temp, pressure, humidity for altitudes up to the higher flight levels.

50 Likes

wow that is impressive stuff you are doing there! I am a bit of a weather junkie, I am a Merchant Ship Captain by profession so spend a lot of time either looking out of bridge windows at weather or looking at computer screens trying to work out how to avoid it!

9 Likes

Leroooy Jeeenkiins!

10 Likes

Thank you all for the replies I asked that because I was flying in Birmingham and the visibility was 350m

Now if somebody would be kind enough to close the topic I would be grateful

Merchant Ship Captain?! I now have another job to add to my response to a question I get a lot:
“What’s the typical audience of Infinite Flight?” :)

About analyzing the weather, what I’d like to build it something like a full map with wind currents like this:

Last time I flew during a hurricane in Florida, this is what IF’s test weather radar looked like :)

Laura

34 Likes

That’s a really cool advancement Laura. Can’t wait to see it!

1 Like

So those big red dotted lines and circles you showed on Instagram a while ago were jetstreams?

A bit off topic, but when you zoom out, will it only show major airports like in your picture above?

Can’t wait for global to come and try out these new weather systems she has been working on. I work at an airport so I’m constantly watching the weather and enjoy it. This will be exciting hurricane here I come lol jk

For High Altitude Flight Planning

People might find the following free website of use when planning for global flights, you can set the wind levels to show between 10m and 9000m AGL (as well as levels in between). Clearly shows where the jet streams are and how by planning to fly either South or North of one can make the difference between a 90kt Headwind and a 15kt Headwind!

Happy Landings!

4 Likes

With crosswinds I imagine? Sounds like typical EGBB weather!

2 Likes

had head winds of 21 gusting to 36kts at EGLL last night…sporty landing in the B77w

2 Likes