Weather in Australia Causing Airport Havoc

Delays of affected airports on the east coast of Australia, when the weather system was nearing Victoria
That wasn’t it… Sydney Kingsford got up to 90km/h winds! And it was the most rain in Sydney in June for around 50 years. This storm was moving slower down the coast than expected, causing terrible flash flooding, 11m waves in Port Douglas and whole suburbs to go under water. My backyard was an overflowing lake! All flights at Sydney were cancelled at one point, otherwise delayed (I spotted a domestic Jetstar flight delayed 4 hours and a Qantas flight cancelled even when the rain eased). Unusually (because of normal weather direction), Sydney’s runway 07 was opened and planes had to battle the strong winds. This caused major traffic delays because only one runway was opened.

These were before the worst of the storm had started!

1 Like

Everything’s being shut down in North Tas currently. :( hope it doesn’t get worse

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s going to. Have a look at that news story above, three people died in floods and huge ocean swell 😥 The worst is yet to come your way 🌧🌧🌧 (but you’re lucky it isn’t a thunder storm, as already 9000 homes are without power in NSW)

1 Like

I saw a tree down on pacific highway a1. Very bad. They said +100 kmh winds on the coast.

1 Like

Meanwhile in North Queensland the weather is perfect. Townsville is Brownsville at the moment, we need water desperately. 😐

2 Likes

There were heaps of trees down and thousands of SES calls. A crazy few days, wouldn’t you call it?

Lol, yeah I saw the weather up there, like 30 degrees. Much nicer than here - maybe not the water issue. The weather system must’ve crept in from the ocean and traveled down the coast?

Well today it was 14 degrees in the morning and like 29 in the afternoon.

1 Like

It was very windy in Infinite Flight at YSSY, too

2 Likes

When, yesterday?

1 Like

Yeah yesterday

1 Like

Because I was there yesterday. My 742 was getting pushed around 😞

3 Likes

Like a fly with a million or so fans turned on behind it?

1 Like

Yeah I know even my B777-300ER was getting pushed around

2 Likes

@EdT I hope some larger flights divert to us, I will have to go on a once in a life time trip to YBTL with rare 747’s and these other lovely international aircraft.

2 Likes

I heard lots of homes got flooded.

1 Like

Well it’s already kind of over in sydney

1 Like

Two suburbs are underwater and 15m of land and homes was chomped off by the 11m waves

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.