Weather direction change?

I feel after 19.4, the weather direction that is displayed in IF is changed.

Is the weather that is shown in the weather section in a airport viewed so when it says the wind is 150 the wind is coming from Heading 150° or to Heading 150°?

It’s blowing from 250

1 Like

Winds are always coming from somewhere.

1 Like

Please be patient. We all have lives 🙃

Also it confuses me too. I believe it comes from 150, every time I fly I check the winds at my departing and arriving airport.

5 Likes

I was talking about if it was displayed from or to the Heading

1 Like

100% sure it’s from and not to

2 Likes

If the metar says wind 250@X, it’s coming from 250. If you were to choose a runway that has the most direct headwind, choose the one which number is closest to 250. E.G. I would choose runway 20 from runway 15 as 200 is closer to 250

3 Likes

even on the wind tab at the bottom you should see that the arrow is coming from the heading written next to it.

Well, I answered it; it’s coming from somewhere.

1 Like

So the Wind is from and Runway to?
Thank you I just needed to switch Runway sometimes because I wasn’t sure on my thinking.

Sorry but could you elaborate a bit more? The wind that is displayed in the HUD, METAR and ATIS and anywhere else you’d see it it’s always where it’s coming from.
Edit: I just understood your question Will explains it below👇

Yes. Wind is coming from and runway is going to.

If you’re lined up on runway 16, you’ll be heading 160. If winds are at heading 160, you’ll have a direct headwind.

2 Likes

A mod can close since everything is good.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.