Weather delay?

Hi I was just curious how long the weather delay is to IF bc I live in Colorado Springs and we are having tornados and awful weather rn do I wanted to try and fly it and the weather is fine in IF. Does anyone know how long the delay is?? Thanks!

1 Like

You’re actually not gonna see any weather. Maybe some low visibility and some high winds but nothing else. I don’t think there’s that big of a weather delay. (Maybe 5-20 minutes?)

1 Like

Oh ok, I was more curious about the wind and vis anyways. We have 70+ mph winds out here rn so I’ll just keep flying in circles until it hits I guess lol. Thanks for the input and have a great rest of your evening!

You too, stay safe!

2 Likes

I don’t think the wind aloft or weather delays have too much of a delay. They get the weather from provider so it really depends on how soon they get the weather information i’d assume. FYI I moved this to #live since there is nothing wrong with the application.

1 Like

The weather gets updated every hour and it probably won’t be in the game, if you want to fly in the winds, go in solo and have fun😂👍

2 Likes

I think IF polls the provider fairly regularly, perhaps every few minutes, but every destination appears to be different, some are hourly, some are more regular.

1 Like

The weather updates every hour. I believe someone from staff has mentioned that. It’s not every few minutes.

1 Like

I’ve definitely seen it change far more often, but the important factor is when it’s updated at the destination irl, but shouldn’t be more than an hour

My friend weather changes. Because their past weather package you can call it, has the world weather from the previous hour. So if I take off with no wind and cruise has 90 kts plus wind that’s how it was the previous hour. The weather is always an hour behind. Weather is different everywhere winds are different doesn’t mean it’s updated every minute. It’s updated every hour.

Any more questions feel free to PM me:) Always here to help

1 Like

One thing I will like to see if atc can have a feature saying the ramp is closed due to bad weather sry for being off topic

1 Like

what part of colorado springs. I live in the southern part

I’m just south of baptist in northern springs

did you see those storms today. crazy

Oh ya man my friend works at Taco Bell off of interquest and he had a El Paso county deputy bust in and make all the customer and employees get in the freezer. And they had a EF0 touchdown out by falcon.

1 Like

Dang. Colorado springs has been getting crazy weather lately. You probably rember that hail storm in fountain last year. Are car got destroyed, and we had to buy a new car. Hope all of you guys are all good. Nice to know there is somebody else from my area on this forum. Cheers
-Infinite Flyer 21

1 Like

you also have to see rhat the winds you have on the ground can be diffrent up in the sky

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.