Weather data downloads in solo/offline mode?

Has anyone considered adding weather data downloads in Solo mode? There have been many times since the Global release that I would prefer to fly in solo mode but still be able to fly in current weather/winds aloft conditions, as that is what my flight times and plans are based on… (Mainly because I want to watch my flying from another perspective :-) ) Would love to see something like this in the near future!

Very nice idea! It would definitely make it more realistic

5 Likes

I think if you have used Live then switch over to solo, the weather data that had been downloaded in your Live session is also used in your solo session. I don’t think solo can be used offline either due to the undownloaded terrain?

But the updates wouldn’t be there :( will need to try it at least later!

I don’t think the weather conditions would change too dramatically though, would it? It would be fine for doing patterns.

Clearly you have never been to South-East Queensland

Most airports wouldn’t change much. I’m sure a change of 3kts wouldn’t impact your experience too much.

If you go to South-East Queensland you would know within an hour you can have 50 knot gusts when it was just a hot humid calm day

It really doesn’t matter much if you’re flying patterns on solo though. It’s not like anyone’s going to do a long haul flight on solo if they have a Live subscription. And it’s not possible to get updated weather while offline.

lol I would…I plan all my flights and find V - speeds, thrust ratings, etc… then I fly them and wish I could watch my replay of that takeoff at V ref 132 KIAS.[quote=“Captain_Ed, post:9, topic:169898, full:true”]
It really doesn’t matter much if you’re flying patterns on solo though. It’s not like anyone’s going to do a long haul flight on solo if they have a Live subscription. And it’s not possible to get updated weather while offline.
[/quote]

1 Like