Weak point

What do you think it’s your weakest point when flying in IF?
I’ll start!!!
My weak point is being aligned when lining up the runway. :’(

15 Likes

I never succed to smoothly desactivate the APPR when at 2nm from the runway.

8 Likes

And… that’s why I don’t use APPR no more… IN ANY SITUATION

3 Likes

Well,
as activating it at approx. 13nm from your dest is in pretty much every airliner procedure, I keep using it even tho I suck at desactiving it 😅
Its also pretty useful…

2 Likes

Yes it is no doubt… but, I prefer to blame myself if something goes wrong instead the APPR… stuff from my brain…

1 Like

Don’t deactivate APPR 2nm from the runway! It should be minimum of 5-6mn to give a chance to get into control on the glideslope path and make sure the trim are in the clear as well flaps and wheels down!

1 Like

You can perfectly align with the runway as long you go slow and give a big loop just after crossing the centerline of the runway. That should make it more perfect to align in one attempt! Also make sure you know the runway heading
My weak point had to be when to flare at the exact time during landing, 20ft or less but I find myself occasionally floating even with power idle. It’s all about precision

2 Likes

Desactivating APPR depends on your defined minimum, It can vary but in most of the cases its around 2.5/2 nm 😉

3 Likes

I’ll practice that in Solo mode

1 Like

It’s way too close for me, i never deactivate APPR as short as that distance of 2-3nm.
If you are on 777W it definitely will mess up the touchdown😉

Yes do that you will see it make a big difference😎
Just go easy on the speed like 7-8 knots or less.

1 Like

And I can affirm that not,
The touchdown quality has nothing to do with that (In my personnal experiences), no matter the type of airliner you fly.

2 Likes

My weakest point has to be deciding to fly at the right time and not oversleeping my destination. Happens to me way too often.

4 Likes

So why you said that is your weak point?
Am I missing something here 😂

1 Like

Yep you’re indeed missing something,
I didnt said that the touchdown was my problem, I said that disengaging the APPR was my problem, with the plane reactiving aggressively

2 Likes

Even with the alarm?

Landing on centerline + touchdown zone

2 Likes

Oh… that’s a big one… practice practice practice

1 Like

Touchdown zone definitely. I’m always a little bit late, even if I fly a perfect approach.

5 Likes

It used to happen to me. As I know my flying style (stuff from my brain), I fly slightly below the Glideslope until a bit before I enter the threshold… I don’t even know if it’s a thing a should do…