We remember these hero..

It’s been one year since aviation lost a great figure. The Southwest Peanut, a year ago the company stopped serving peanuts in-flight…

Per Orlando International Facebook

“. To commemorate the anniversary, our popular minimalist art piece has returned! Southwest Peanuts - 𝘓𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘭𝘺 𝘚𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘦𝘥 highlights these relics of airplane food history. The piece can be seen at our South APM Complex for a limited time. 🥜”

Original post

61 Likes

Ohhh… wipes tear dang I’m getting nostalgic remembering these.
Oh and the honey roasted ones🤤

21 Likes

There were honey roasted peanuts…?

I flew on a flight last year on this date but sadly no peanuts were given out 😭😭

I collected some from previous flights not thinking that they were going away. A week after those flights it was announced that they were going away 😥

13 Likes

Protect those peanuts at all costs. No. Matter. What.

16 Likes

Not that I care, I have peanut allergies!!!

Muahahahahaha

its a joke, please don’t flag

But in all seriousness I feel bad for the people who really enjoyed these special treats. Hope Southwest is still a great airline. Ive never been on southwest 😭

3 Likes

Lol I will protect them! I was lucky to fly southwest at the almost exact time when they were going away!

2 Likes

It’s always been surprising for me to see these served on all of the Southwest flights that I’ve been on. Peanuts over stale pretzels any day!

3 Likes

Even though I’ve never flown on Southwest I am still a little disappointed that they stopped serving peanuts

1 Like

Those “heroes” have nearly killed me multiple times on flights. Being allergic to peanuts sucks :(

Reminds me of when Alaska took away the pretzels😢

2 Likes

That was a dark depressing time in the land when that happened…

3 Likes

The honey roasted peanuts from San Antonio to Dallas we’re the best.

5 Likes

I’m allergic to peanuts lmao

1 Like

Whatever it takes.

1 Like

The peanuts may forever be in my heart ♥ 🥜

1 Like

The stupid pretzels have taken their place…

2 Likes

I have never flown with Southwest dont hurt me plz @InfiniteNick, but it seems these peanuts were the real deal. RIP

1 Like

Oh the peanuts 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭