We have to talk about the RWA topics..

So you do now you mean I’m not a true aviation enthusiast because I don’t want topics like the one stated above, there are too many of those, I get happy if I am ever near an airport, and super happy if I get to fly, it doesn’t matter where we are, what airline nor aircraft, so your statement is bold

1 Like

I think we need topic related to operation side …but we got topic related to business side more, I’m not sure why is that. I haven’t seen topic about diff aircrafts specs, technical details.

1 Like

I don’t disagree. I was being generous

3 Likes

It’s true what you say, I agree :)

And don’t forget that most of the seemingly bad RWA topics are duplicates or will be closed by mods.

1 Like

People are allowed to speak about whatever they want, this is an aviation community. Not just a flight simulator community. Let them talk about what they want. There should be a topic stopping people from making this type of “This is my opinion and this is why we should act on my opinion” topics. They are allowed to do this!

I don’t understand. What are you trying to say? Stop making RWA topics? What is so bad about them, yeah there might be a lot of speculation and arguments, but they can be fixed, in a more simple way than removing and stop making them. We can’t just stop making RWA topics because you don’t like it. There are people that do like them. Some times, you have to think about others, not about yourself. This community is built for the outside world and the game itself, and we are allowed to share our own opinions here… But I do kinda agree with you In some way…

1 Like

I’d have to disagree with that, I’ve recently seen a RWA topic about about a Q400 accident and everyone seemed to handle themselves for the most part. I also don’t think that you are in a position to do anything about their being too many RWA topics

1 Like

So you do personal attack for my own opinions, please read the whole thing again. You are not understanding my point, I mean that we have too many topics that are like “what plane would you get rid of if you can” and a lot of similar topics, they do not suit in this community, I would never get rid of ANY aircraft, ever

This is a community where we want discussions, enthusiasm and well written posts

Those are not the topics I’m talking about

I did not say we were going to stop making RWA topics, I say it should be less topics about

Those are the kind of topics

1 Like

Also the best 737, 777, etc. topics. We all have different opinions about what is the best livery for some aircraft, but we can keep that opinion to ourselves. If we really feel the need to point out our views of the aircraft, go mention it on the livery request thread

1 Like

@Jens_Severin although some topics may seem unnecessary, in the end, it’s the moderator team’s decision whether or not it stays open. If they were to feel like there’s an excess in unnecessary RWA topics, wouldn’t they just narrow the criteria for the category 🧐🧐

3 Likes

But, I’ve never told the mods to cut down on the RWA topics:)
I’m just pointing out that I think there are way too many, I think the crash topics are necessary, but many others are not:)

Are you sure because you said RWA topics, and in the below you basically said so. So you should emphasize it better.

No one is attacking you, because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they’re attacking you! You could end up taking this to the next level by simply accusing me of attack. I’d be more careful about my choice of words.

3 Likes

Its not how you perceive yourself, it’s how other perceive you, and I felt you were attacking me when saying that to me.

I may have not made it clear enough, but I thought it myself that I did, if not it is my fault

Read my answers to other people if you want a good explanation of why :)

1 Like

Well I can’t imagine why you’d perceive it as an “attack” I said I disagree, more like a debate don’t you think.

This is the definition of an attack

an aggressive and violent action against a person or place.

And since I wasn’t aggressive or violent, don’t take it as an attack because it wasn’t, just making that clear

Let’s not discuss that, but do you understand what I want to make clear by making this topic?

1 Like

Yes, I do now understand what the purpose of this topic is

1 Like

We are first and foremost a community about Infinite Flight. We happen to have a category which includes real world aviation topics. However, not all real world items are permitted as some just clog up the category.

We understand your point of view on these topics. I personally am not a fan because of many reasons stated above. The moderation team keeps an eye on the trends of categories and will adjust the category rules where appropriate. This is a very large community so we have to be very methodical when it comes to implementing changes and it takes time and research to make sure it is the best thing for the community.

7 Likes

I think the problem with things here isn’t the catagory. We are all aviation fans, and we like to discuss this. I think the problem is that no one puts anytime into making good topics, or trying to give facts. Like we’ve had alot if “you’re favorite livery for X aircraft” threads lately, each just a bit if a clone, whare the OP throws out a photo, leaves the rest to the community. People don’t really follow many ruels there, like what percentage of those photos have a source? And generally people seem to be very disrespectful. Now as @Chris_Hoover and @Tim_B mentioned, debate and disagreement is part of any group with 70,000 users, and is part of a fourum by definition, but people seem to have lost the ability to dissagree respectfully. There is a difference between arguing, and disagreeing…

1 Like