We Are Southwest. Heart Sets Us Apart. Aloha Hawaii.

Awsome @KBUF, we’d love to have you! Please fill out an application and @Juanca will contact you with the written portion of our entry process. Thanks!

I filled one out last night! Excited for what’s next 👍

5 Likes

surprise surpise, I have applied aswell! Looking great so far 👍

4 Likes

February%20Region

This month’s featured region is the Sunshine State; Florida. The region has been an important part of the Southwest route network for many years and continues to be one of the busiest areas for the airline with large-scale operations at Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, and Tampa. Florida also offers some beautiful scenery from the miles of coast line to the Everglades region. Events and group flights will start with our transition flight from Havana to Fort Lauderdale this Thursday and will continue throughout next month.

Featured Airports:

• Orlando (MCO)
  • Tampa (TPA)
  • Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • Key West (EWY) AirTran Service Only
  • Palm Beach (PBI)
  • Panama City (ECP)
  • Pensacola (PNS)
  • Jacksonville (JAX)
  • Fort Myers (RSW)

See our full schedule below (this will include all events, which may not necessarily be part of the featured region.) If you’d like to join an internal event or group flight, but are not part of the VA, please DM me, and I’ll send you the details!

Full Schedule

Full Schedule

Starred* Flights are internal

1. January 31, 2019 - Transition Flight - MUHA-KFLL*
  2. February 1, 2019 - Group Flight 1 - KFLL-KPNS *
  3. February 2, 2019 - Featured Region I1 - KHOU-KJAX
    4. February 3, 2019 - Sponsored 1 - Texas Triangle
  4. February 5, 2019 - Feature Region I2 - KDAL-KECP *
  5. February 8, 2019 - Featured Region I3 - KATL-KJAX *
    7. February 9, 2019 - Race to the Capital 4 - KSEA-KMDW
  6. February 10, 2019 - Featured Region E1 - KAUS-KFLL
  7. February 11, 2019 - Featured Region I4 - KDEN-KRSW *
  8. February 15, 2019 - Group Flight 2 - KBWI-KDTW *
  9. February 16, 2019 - Featured Region E2 - KTPA Fly-Out
  10. February 17, 2019 - AirTran E1 - KATL-KEYW
  11. February 20, 2019 - Featured Region I5 - KMCO-KBNA *
  12. February 22, 2019 - Featured Region I6 - KISP-KBPI *
  13. February 23, 2019 - Race to the Capital 5 - KMDW-KBWI
    16. February 23, 2019 - Sponsored 2 - KLAX Fly-Out
  14. February 24, 2019 - Featured Region E3 - KLGA-KMCO *
  15. February 26, 2019 - Group Flight 3 - KSAN-KTUS*

This schedule may be altered. Check back for updates.

Thank you SWV pilots for your continued effort. We are on track to complete our most active month ever! We look forward to seeing you and members of the community at one of our events.

P.S. Be sure to check out @Plane-Train-TV’s Honoring Herb Event. You have three routes to choose from and will be a nice way to honor the late Southwest CEO

11 Likes

Cant wait for the TPA flyout event. Great to see my hometown airport on here

2 Likes

Sounds fun! Glad I chose my hub as MCO :)

2 Likes

I live in Hawaii and hope southwest gets over here and shows Hawaiian airlines how to airline IRL.

1 Like

Southwest actually just landed their first ETOPS rated 738 in Honolulu about an hour ago. I know a good friend who used to be stationed in San Diego but was relocated to Honolulu for Southwest. He said he was in tears when the 738 showed up to the gate. Can’t wait to see the full customer service begin!

7 Likes

Yes was tracking on it. I just didn’t know if they were going to do inter island or just to the mainland.

Quick question.
I booked a flight how will they contact me?
A PM or a Email?

A combination of both will be used.

Source- my personal great booking experience.

1 Like

We’re excited to share our new look with you. After almost two years of operations, we decided it was time for a makeover. Our new simplified, but vivid design gets the point across without being too fancy. It retains the iconic Southwest color scheme while being new and original. It’s live on our thread and some of our media platforms. You’ll see it being fully rolled out across all platforms over the next few days. What do you think of our fresh look?

Send Feedback

We also wanted to share some news about our new event structure. We’ve given complete control to the pilots, and staff won’t be posting anymore. Pilots can create an event and add it to the schedule. A 6 hour block will be reserved for that pilot’s event on our schedule. Any SWV pilot who flies at these events will be given a 1.5x flight time, as always. We are encouraging pilots to stay away from adding “Sponsored by Southwest Virtual” in their event titles. You can see all Southwest Virtual events here. In addition, you’ll also see this banner somewhere on the main thread (usually towards the bottom).

We look forward to seeing what our pilots bring to the event scene. Thank you for reading this update, we hope you like our new changes!

2.18.2019 Update from @CaptJackson

8 Likes

Our new colors are designed to be bright and pop out. Companies use bright colors all the time!

5 Likes

I love your vibrant colors :) . I know I may get in trouble for saying this but it’s perfectly ok to have fun with it :) . I’m continuing to wish you guys the best :)

2 Likes

@TRIavgeekMandy,

Thank you for your message. We are happy you like the new branding!

3 Likes

Loving the new design look, very modern and pops out at you.

4 Likes

Um hey
I booked a flight to KDAL from KLGA and departure time was 7:00
It’s 4:12 and I have been waiting for the pilot to contact me but he/she hasn’t yet.
I’ve tried to contact @MJL_Productions but he hasn’t answer.
I don’t know what happened.

2 Likes

Awesome thread! I’m applying right now!

5 Likes

@AviationJack: We were most likely unable to find a pilot and complete the booking as you did not schedule your flight at least one week in advance as requested.

@Sean_Murphy: We look forward to having you on. Good luck on your tests!

1 Like

Are you sure you checked in for the flight on time ? Sometimes, the flight can be canceled otherwise.