We Are Southwest. Heart Sets Us Apart. Aloha Hawaii.

We are glad you are having a great time @benny_132!

3 Likes

This VA is great. You never know where you will find a swv pilot because they are everywhere. For example, just going a flight down to khou today and found @Plane-Train-TV coming in to.

3 Likes

💗 welcome back 😃

2 Likes

What’s not to like about Southwest?

5 Likes

This VA is very tempting 👀😂😂 nice thread guys!! I love SWA

3 Likes

SWV-340: Event Organizer
We are pleased to announce that our new Event Organizer is @Kevinsoto1502. He has been a Southwest Virtual pilot since September 2018. In his new role, he will be responsible for planning and executing events on the Infinite Flight Community and on our Slack in group flights and internal events. He will also work with other event creators on the IFC for joint or sponsored events. Be on the lookout for some of his events soon. Welcome to the SWV team Kevin!

Featured Region
To boost activity further and increase our presence on Live Servers and the IFC, we are introducing our region of the month, which will feature an important set of airports in the Southwest Virtual route network. Throughout the month, we will host several events, group flights, and flash flights throughout the region. The idea is designed to bring attention to regions that have played an important part in Southwest’s success and bring pilots to some parts of North America they may not know much about or traveled to since the Global release. Monthly schedules with all events will be released at the beginning of each month.

January%20Region

With that being said, the Caribbean will be our first featured region for 2019. After Southwest’s acquisition of AirTran in 2014, they began their first service outside of the U.S. to several destinations in the Caribbean. They were also one of the first U.S. carriers to resume service to Cuba. This region has proven to be especially important for SWA as they continue to expand their international footprint, not to mention there is some spectacular scenery for us!

Featured Airports

• Havana, Cuba
  • Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • Georgetown, Grand Cayman
  • Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  • Oranjestad, Aruba
  • Nassau, Bahamas
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico

Our full schedule for the remainder of January will be released early this week. The Race to the Capital series will continue, with featured events taking place on off weeks. @Kevinsoto1502 and @LouiePeach will be hard at work bringing you some great events. Have a great week, be kind to one another, and we hope to see you at some of our events soon.

P.S. Be sure to check out @Georges180305’s event at KLAX sponsored by Southwest Virtual and sign up for a gate!

11 Likes

I just submitted, hoping to join the fun

3 Likes

You have made a outstanding choice on joining Southwest Virtual! I 100% guarantee you will love it at SWV!

2 Likes

So I went to apply and I wanted to request St. Louis as a crew base like it states on the forum, but St. Louis was not an option on the application. Can you change this?

@MakDak only certain hubs/focus cities are crew bases.

I understand, but it has Nashville as a crew base and I know for a fact that Nashville is not a crew base for Southwest Airlines in real life. Unless y’all are picking and choosing randomly from the real focus cities of Southwest Airlines.

We chose crew bases to spread out the options geographically. They don’t have much of an impact on where pilots can fly anyway. Not to mention, STL isn’t a SWA crew base either.

3 Likes

That is correct. But realistically speaking, it’s a busier focus city than Nashville in terms of flights and destinations served. And New Orleans isn’t even a focus city for Southwest Airlines. But I understand what you mean by spreading it out. Great forum by the way. It really does look nice!

1 Like

I will still apply too.

1 Like

I will this age limit was at 25.

1 Like

If the age limit were to be 25, there would be very few Pilots part of the VA

2 Likes

At least you know it would be a very professional VA. That’s something I want to be apart of. I’m having a very hard time joining a VA currently and immaturity is a major concern.

1 Like

@Cpt_elpuru Age restrictions are not the only thing that makes a VA professional… If you’re worried about immaturity, rest assured, it is not a problem at SWV. We evaluate how you act during the application process, and if it becomes an issue later on, you are removed.

2 Likes

Adding on to what Jackson has just mentioned, Southwest Virtual has been known for there pilots for some time know. As I pilot myself, I can assure you that every single member is mature, knowledgeable, and extremely kind. Everyday I learn more and more about Southwest Airlines and the 737 that it is unimaginable. If there is someone who isn’t appropriate for the Virtual Airline, the staff are very quick to respond and take necessary action. Adding on to maturity, everyone is everyone’s friend. There is always tiny group flights being hosted not just by the staff, but the members too! That is what makes Southwest Virtual exceptional and outstanding. It’s members and staff. So join!

4 Likes

Sounds very convincing… let’s see about this.

1 Like