Washington Dulles Aircraft Spotting

My trip for the MLK weekend had a very big aviation bulb on it.
IAD from the Udvar Hazy Center

Sorry for the blurriness in some. I wasn’t on the seat so couldn’t get steady pics.

On the road to Udvar Hazy a United CRJ was landing.

Sorry for low quality images but a United 787 landing from the tower view.

Then to the walk to the car I caught a United 767

Then a United 777-200
Later at a shoping outlet I caught a KLM plane landing.
Also a Lufthansa 747

An Ethiopian 777
An ANA 777

South African A330
Air Canada Express CRJ
Delta 717 or MD80, Delta CRJ, JetBlue can’t tell aircraft, And Airli8ne that I can’t clearly see.
Korean Air 777

Again sorry for low quality pics. It was cold and wet so the windows interfered with some of the pictures.

Pictures by Me
iPhone 5s took pictures

39 Likes

Thats a South African A330 not 40. Nice photos though! I’m gonna try and edit may favorite:)

3 Likes

Thank for pointing the mistake I made.

1 Like

Did you see any LAN 767-300ER?

I was quite bored:)

5 Likes

Nope didn’t see any.

1 Like

Oh. Still nice photos though! Enjoy your time in DC. It’s a very nice city.

That worker looks like he’s trying to hold up the engine on the air Canada crj 😂

1 Like

Nice pictures, next time try to take picture of a Copa 737, they fly regularly to KIAD. 😉

1 Like

The JetBlue one is an E-190, and behind it I think is an Avianca A321…

2 Likes

They fly everywhere.
Honestly. Go on Flightradar24, it’s filled with Copa planes.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed your stay in NOVA. The drivers and “people” that live around here make me wanna end myself. Seriously I don’t think you’ll find ruder people in the world. Anyway, you missed an opportunity to go spot at Gravely Point! It’s right under Run way 19 for KDCA.

1 Like

Nice Lufthansa 747-8!
I didn’t know they flew into Washington

They have 74 destinations in all America 😂

1 Like

I have no doubt that they would do well if they just buy a couple 767s or something, to fly to Europe.

Yeah…but they’re focused in America, anyway they have codeshare agreements with KLM and Air France and with the airlines of Star Alliance, but operate their own flights to Europe ain’t a bad idea.

1 Like

I think another great place to spot is at the Ruth Chris steakhouse across the street from KDCA. It’s in the top floor of a high rise building and overlooks the entire airport. Beautiful views. Also at Dulles…if you go to the air and space museum near the airport they have a atc tower you can go up in and watch the planes take off/land from. Another good view. And the traffic…I drive from just south of bwi to Fairfax 2x/week for work…35 miles. I can vouch…It’s awful.

Yep. But if you walk into Ruth Chris you pay a $25 entree fee because Ruth Chris (I kid)

If you eat at Ruth’s Chris, you’re rich.

3 Likes

30 dollar glass of water xD

2 Likes