Warning ATC

Should ATC warn before ghosting ??

1 Like

Depends on the severity of the infraction

4 Likes

Usually yes, upon the case.

2 Likes

Um was told to enter left down wind #3 turned in line and ghosted. No go around no 360 no listen to instructions just reported and ghosted.

1 Like

How do you know if your doing what the controller wants if they can’t say? What did I learn here? Nothing other than one ATC is fast to ghost.

1 Like

if you interfered with another aircraft and its busy. Sometimes a warning is not possible.
We were just discussing this among some of us ATC. We try and use it as a teaching moment. Sometimes, but NOT always we may reverse the ghost. Discuss it with the ATC that ghosted you

5 Likes

Yes I definitely feel like they should. This would be a good idea that I feel they should look into.

1 Like

Find who have ghosted you and discuss with him about how it should be. ATC can see every movement maybe not the same way pilot was looking for.

1 Like

I’m 36 years old. I have a private pilot single engine certificate .With 300 plus hours. And some how I don’t know how to use a flight simulator or ATC instructions?

1 Like

That’s not unheard of. As with anything new you have to get accustomed to it. Tutorials are a big helper here but as a flight sim things have to be adapted to make it work while maintains realism. If you have any specific questions aswell message me or any others who are ATC and we can personally explain things to you. We all started the same however you one up a lot of us as you can actually fly in real life :)

1 Like

I have the stats of grade 5 in two months. I totally disagree with the ATC to point I may be finished with infinite flight. We all pay money to get the experience. I don’t see the purpose of paying if I don’t.

1 Like

I understand your frustration however o can’t comment on your particular case. I do suggest that you contact the controller involved and discuss it with them meaningfully with an open mind. We should ghost as a last resort though, that is correct.

2 Likes

He’s made a topic on this already, it was @Marco_B

They do warn you

Hopefully you already had a discussion with Marco.