Warbirds enthusiasts

I think the title is pretty self-explanatory? As some of you may have noticed I quite like the old warbirds so I wanted to have a thread where other enthusiasts could post both real life pics / stories and IF pics too. If it gets some followers then also post request for warbirds here from the #features category so we can all see and add what we think. Hopefully this will also add some weight to the argument for some more classic planes so post pics of your favourites and lets open it up for discussions. I’ve added my request to overhaul the spit so feel free to add any thoughts you have. Would be good to get a group of us together and maybe do some group flights too.

5 Likes

Also heres the link for my event tonight

and a little history on Biggin Hill where we will be flying from, so now hopfully all will understand my selection of airports. Plus its always good to read a little histroy

@Sturmovik would love this

1 Like

how about getting this off the ground? this really would add something amazing to the sim

2 Likes

Hello @Paul, yes this is exactly the sort of thing we are looking for. lets try and get the Vulcan in to the sim, if this was added what a classic and i dont think i’d fly alot else!

How beautiful she is. I was lucky enough to see her on her farewell tour last year.

Photos arent mine by the way, i had them on my PC and can’t remeber where they came from.

1 Like

Here’s a couple of pics from today’s fly in

I love the second pic, it looks amazing!

2 Likes

@Sturmovik

Saw a Spitfire and Hurricane Flypast at Imjin Barracks Music Fest Yesterday

1 Like

Nice, the best thing about seeing them live is the sound. I believe there is no better sound in the world!

1 Like

Maybe. The Whistling sound of a P-51 is Pretty Good too!!

1 Like

What about the Handley Page Victor Bomber? (:

Any warbird enthusiast likes a good old plane that looks like a weird insect!

1 Like

Indeed, these would go great with Vulcan as they were also used for mid air re fueling during Operation Black Buck

http://www.raf.mod.uk/history/OperationBlackBuck.cfm

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.