Want to try something new ?

Get in a jet on free flight, climb as high as you can and then nose down.

Post how fast you can get ;)

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

proof or it didn’t happen ;)

1.4k without diving. About to try this now though.

1 Like

3 Likes

1.2k knots image

Just as a matter of curiosity, how old are you people anyway? Max

4 Likes

15 years old…

1 Like

16, why does it matter, how old are you

1 Like

MaxSez… That’s stated Mach 1.91 in Aviations terms nerd. It’s registered in yr HUD just below ground speed. Consider this comment professional knowledge gained my friend. You do excellent work the majority of time no offense intended.

4 Likes

I actually take this as a compliment!

3 Likes

@ColonelJeff… I’m 75 Jeff, been there, done that! Regards, Max

9 Likes

I’ve tried this, but does anyone else get that extreme shaking at roughly 1300kts in the F22? The plane starts to vibrate and then actually glitch side to side, before completely losing control at roughly 1400kts.

2 Likes

@LewisB1. What your experiencing Lewis is called “Buffiting” it’s an indication that the airframe is about to leave its design envelope. Next step, you go ballistic, lose it, eventually brake up and hopefully punch out if your able. Or your can remember the numonic “PARE” and recover from your Stall. Max

4 Likes

So it’s not a bug then? That actually happens?

Not a Bug Lou. It’s acting like an airplane flown beyond it capability or because the Pilot is a peanut.

2 Likes

In my case, it’s the second one.

2 Likes

Your a good man Lou. Live, learn, fly by the book. Remember the are old pilots and bold pilots but there are very few old, bold Pilots. Do good work, my young friend. Max

5 Likes

2 Likes