Wallpaper Wednesday Thread

Edit
This topic has been approved by the mods, allowing more than 10 photos to be included. Please, however, that you only post one photo per Wednesday (that is, you can have 5 of the same photos but different aspect ratios: more details below!)

Welcome to Wallpaper Wednesday!

I was thinking of creating a thread where we all can share screenshots of the game beautiful enough for a wallpaper—well, here it is.

Every week on Wednesday of course, I’ll upload one screenshot of the game. There will be different resolutions of the screenshot so you can find the perfect fit for your device.

You may also upload your screenshots; however, please try to limit it to one photo per Wednesday, so pick your best weapon! They may be photoshopped or untouched but please make sure that the photo satisfies the display display-ratio criteria below 😉

Rules!
  • There are no specific rules as for what is a “beautiful” screenshot: if you like your screenshot and you believe that you can set it as a wallpaper, feel free to post it!
  • You must be uploading your screenshot on Wednesday in where you live. If it’s still Tuesday in your continent, hang tight buddy!
  • Only 1 screenshot per Wednesday!
  • and please follow the “Display Ratio and Other Requirements” below…

Display Ratio and Other Requirements
  • Your screenshot may satisfy either portrait or landscape (or both if possible ;) )
  • 16:9 or 16:10 usually for most laptops (landscape 16:9), phones (portrait 16:9), and Macbooks (landscape 16:10)
  • 4:3 for most tablets (the 2018 iPad Pro has approximately 4.3:3 ratio, so that’s fine!)
  • 19:9 for iPhone X (19.5:9), Galaxy S8/S9/Note8/Note9 (18.5:9), and Galaxy S10/Note10 (19:9)
  • Also: avoid using watermarks as much as possible…

Last important point: your screenshot must be taken from the live-replay screenshot feature (also meaning that it must be Infinite Flight shots!). Don’t screenshot your device (or worse yet: taking a photo of your device using another device!) as the resolution isn’t at the highest. We want to make sure everybody gets a high-res photo they can use on their phones, tabs, lappies, and perhaps: print it for a poster!

Broken link(s)? Shoot me a PM and I’ll get them over with ;)

If you want to post yours but don’t understand how cropping/resolution stuffs work, feel free to PM me and I’ll fit your screenshot so it satisfies the requirements!

I’ll start!

April 24, 2019: Alaska Airlines departing for PANC from CYVR

(edited using Snapseed)

CLICK HERE to DOWNLOAD!

Below photos are just sample/thumbnail images so you get the idea what it looks like. Download from the link above for higher quality photos and different resolutions!

Sample landscape 4:3 for your iPad / tablets!

Sample portrait 16:9 for iPhones 8 (and older) and most phones.

For other resolutions (iPhone X, Galaxy S8/S9/Note8/Note9, Macbooks, etc),
download here.

I’ve been using the same wallpapers for my phone and laptop for years now, so I would love to see your best screenshots! 😂

22 Likes

BOOKMARKED :) Great idea I’ve been wanting this

2 Likes

Yes! Lovely, great idea. I am already rockin’ that wallpaper 😎

1 Like

So I can post a picture that people can use as wallpaper, not just you post the pictures

1 Like

As much as this is a nice idea - unfortunately, threads are not possible in the #screenshots-and-videos category - due to the limit of 10 photos/videos per topic.

Thanks!

What do you mean? There are 2 photos

Basically you cannot turn this into a replica of the old photos thread. The only images present should be the ones in the OP, and the comments aren’t meant to contain any images.

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/about-the-screenshots-and-videos-category/303727/19

The images will be shared as replies, which does not fall under the limit you listed above.

1 Like

Erm… its Thursday.

@Mike_Lima_Tango Sorry, you can’t

@BennyBoy @Kirito_77 @Mike_Lima_Tango this topic has gotten the mods’ approval to keep going, turning the topic into a thread—feel free post your screenshots here every Wednesday! 😊 (and please follow the rules)

2 Likes

@Qantas094 Yes you can! Since we want to make sure it can be used as a wallpaper, please provide multiple resolutions of the same photo.

@Olivier999 those are just sample photos “thumbnails”. If you click on the link I provided above, you’ll see more of them. Just find one that fits best your device 😉

@Mags885 it was Wednesday at around 11PM where I live when I posted it, so it was valid hahaha 😂

1 Like

I love these 😆 all these mine

830x577

Thread picks in my opinion

Portrait 4:3

Portrait 16:9

Portrait 19:9

• LOVE IT 😍
  • HATE IT 😕

0 voters

1 Like

@American_1549 Remember: only one photo per Wednesday bud! They look great but it would be appreciated that you only pick the best one

1 Like

Ok sry guys

May 1, 2019: Three in one final leg on the A330 Landing Competition @ LFBO

This screenshot was taken during the A330 Landing Competition Event a while ago to celebrate the v19.1 and the reworked A333. I was 1 point behind from the top 5…
(edited using Snapseed)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE WALLPAPER!

Download from the link above to find the perfect aspect ratio for your device. If you don’t know which one to download, you may want to Google “[device name] display ratio”. Still confused? Shoot me a PM with your device name 😉

Here’s the Landscape 4:3 (for all other aspect ratios, download here!)

How it looks like…

Tested on iPhone 7 Portrait and Landscape (landscape is what it looks like when you pull down the notification bar)

…and on the Galaxy S10 portrait (iPhone X should look similar to this).

6 Likes

When the A350 comes out, I’m defo having a wallpaper for my PC

1 Like

May 8, 2019: A320 Short-Haul to RCTP!

This screenshot was taken during a group flight with IFPHG members. I am in no way an IFPHG member. I saw their Instagram group flight invitation and decided to hop in lol
(edited using Snapseed)

Download from the link above to find the perfect aspect ratio for your device. If you don’t know which one to download, you may want to Google “[device name] display ratio”. Still confused? Shoot me a PM with your device name 😉

Here’s the Landscape 4:3 (for all other aspect ratios, download here!)

How it looks like…

Tested on a 16:9 iPhone 7 (left; applicable to iPhone 6/6s/8) and on a 18.5:9 Galaxy Note9 (right; applicable to S8/S9/Note8/S10/S10+; iPhone X should look similar to this).

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I think the OP was meaning In-Game Screenshots, not IRL Pictures

2 Likes

My bad yall