Waiting in line for single runway takeoff in expert

Hi guys, what is the etiquette with planes waiting to merge on a single runway takeoff situation? I was on expert server waiting to taxi to the hold line, and very patiently allowing other through that I knew were merging before me, then some dude just smashes through my plane and jumps the queue. Surely HKJK ground or tower could of intercepted?

Always give way to the car from the right…

Nah I don’t remember what exactly the procedures are for ground movements but I guess if you’re on the main taxiway in a queue for takeoff, the other planes should taxi to the back of the queue.

Still, maybe one day you can just fire a missile at them from an f22 who knows

1 Like

I guess my main point is, we work hard to get to expert server then someone just goes against the grain and it’s fine?

I think the general “rule” is that you yield to the larger plane… never seen anyone follow that though.

No of course not, but you need to consider it might have been something as simple as poor internet connection on their end, I’ve been backed into countless times by planes with bad internet, just keep doing your thing and try to ignore them. If you do see someone taking the mick you can always contact your controller via PM

1 Like

If they actually taxied through you, the controller would normally ghost them, but can easily be missed if the airport is busy.

2 Likes

Basically, he got impatient because I was considerate to other pilots. Thanks for comments guys

2 Likes

It’s easy to miss something like that to be fair, when you have planes almost touching each other in a queue xD gotta be one of my pet hates

1 Like

irl some pilots have to wait for almost an hour on the taxiway, if the pilot you’re talking about was really impatient he shouldn’t even think about becoming a real pilot

1 Like

This is him

Hi mate, this happened to me only yesterday and the guy got ghosted or left 5 secs after he completely cut me off.

This shouldn’t be happening on expert…

Which one?

Looking at that pic, as far as I know, happy to be corrected, but the Main Taxi way often runs parallel to the runway, so the line of aircraft are all on the secondary taxiway. Never less I try and give way alternate when Taxi ways merge.

I have tried to find some official “rules of the road” when at an un-controlled airport, guess in the real world a large airport is always controlled? However I work with the following general guidelines when at an uncontrolled airport.

1. Aircraft leaving a runway have priority.
  2. With two or more taxiways, the one closest to the runway runs towards opposite to the landing direction ( so taking you towards the holding point)
  3. Otherwise, giveway to Aircraft on your right.
1 Like

The guy In front of me was behind me as I was allowing the other guy on the right to get to the hold line. Then he just decided to drive straight through me.

1 Like

This was expert… did you report him?

Both internet in trouble hahaha! This was on expert server. Michael Jackson thriller soundtrack would go nicely with this video…

6 Likes

Is that the situation you were describing? 😉

As result he was ghosted.

3 Likes

What was worse than being in that line was controlling the flow of that line. So many impatient people 😡

1 Like

I let the person to the left go after they go I follow. But I was cut off earlier and some 737 went right through me.(these were taken after the 747 I let go moved up) Oh well…

Kinda crazy how Impatient people are.

3 Likes

But if you go first, they will experience some turbulence 😂