Wait what?

Good morning IFC or good evening were ever u are in the world😁 I was jus woke up to see my flight from Dallas to Heathrow crashed So to take away my frustration I was gonna do a quick flight and when I saw the London area I said to myself no TFR!? So before I do anything stupid I would just like to clarify can I do EGLC to EGLL? Or EGKK to EGLC? Thanks for answers in advance😄

1 Like

My advise is no.

1 Like

If ATC is active, I highly don’t recommend this. I’d spawn in at Amsterdam and fly in.

5 Likes

If there is no TFR it should be technically allowed, but that’s not professional by any means and you wouldn’t be accepted by Approach most likely (or vectored around if coming from Gatwick).

So please don’t do such a flight as it’s not professional (at least not City to Heathrow).

1 Like

@BadPlane and @ADDY28 I appreciate ur feedback I really do because Ik I can be a knucklehead so before I do anything stupid I wanted to get answers lol

ATC will deny you if you try to fly from a London airport to EGLL or EGLC.

5 Likes

@JulianB i always hear about people trying to do it lol but the only reason I even thought abt it is because the app froze and when I woke up to decend into EGLL I noticed it and I TRIED if my dad was on the IFC (hopefully not😂🤣) he could tell u I tried everything Ik to work to get it back then it finally crashed on me💀

That’s what I thought as well, but wasn’t sure if Gatwick to Heathrow would eventually be dealt with, thanks!

1 Like

I’d recommend flying from somewhere 100+ nm out… EGLC-EGLL is just a no 😂

1 Like

Here’s your answer: (And even if it would be allowed, like I stated, that’s simply not cool for approach or tower ATC).

2 Likes

Some flights that will be accepted are from EGBB or EGCC.
Those take no longer than 30 minutes to complete as well

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for saving me not only for anger (because I wasn’t thinking) but EMBARRASSMENT lol if only u knew

3 Likes

Depart egbb that will give you what you want and not tick off atc. Eglc will be denied same in reverse.

A good rule is to be at least 50 NM from what I understand from the destination as controllers can still handle you instead of you just entering the pattern from a nearby airport. Unless there’s a TFR(s) of course. Just don’t be someone who spawns at an airport neighboring the airport with open atc as it gives them more to handle. If it’s like busy like an FNF just fly from somewhere a bit further so the approach controllers have time to vector you and get you set up. ;)

1 Like

Thanks bro love the feedback I took off from EGLL and went to LFPG and will fly back now

3 Likes