VS pitches down when engaging on AP

Hey everyone. When i am climbing after take off I get to about 1500 Ft and engage the VS AP and the aircraft dose a nose pitch down. I have looked on the IF tutorials on taking off procedures etc but it keeps happening. Especially when I’m in the boing 777 family.
I’d this normal or am I getting it wrong ?
Anyone else experiencing this or can give me advise.

Thanks

2 Likes

i always get this and don’t know how to fix it…

1 Like

Yeah this happens to me too. I thought they had fixed it in a previous update but something must’ve reversed it

2 Likes

I’m glade it’s not just me. This isn’t right though is it ?

1 Like

This does happen to me. I’ve found that if you slowly engage each part of Autopilot instead of doing it all at once, often it makes a difference and the nose doesn’t pitch down. Alternatively, you can engage the VS but not engage the Altitude. Just make sure to slowly roll the vs back as you reach your cruise, then engage the Altitude.

2 Likes

Yes I have this problem as well and didn’t find a solution yet. It happens with the A320 family as well.

2 Likes

This thing is happening with me

2 Likes

Is it possibly the trim?
I’m not sure might not be just a thought though

1 Like

it happens with all of them i think- i was taking a b787-9 off at london heathrow for lax a few hours ago and it pitches down. i don’t think in the a380 though

2 Likes

I tried that as well but even if I only press the set altitude or only my set VS it’s still happening. Unfortunately can’t underline that. 😕

3 Likes

I set the VS separately and it still happens

1 Like

same here …

2 Likes

Hmm. It does work for me. Sometimes it doesn’t though. It’s hit or miss on my end.

1 Like

i did think that. I have tried different trim but still happens. Unless I’m still getting wrong. What do you set your trim at so I can try ?

1 Like

Depending on aircraft and weight between 20-40 percent usually 25-30 and don’t usually have any drastic pitch up or down

1 Like

Ok thanks I will try that I only Normally go to 15-20 %.

1 Like

Hopefully it works maby that extra little bit of trim holds the nose up a little if not then im out of ideas

1 Like

Cheers for the help. Appreciated

1 Like

Always happy to try help if I can

1 Like

For me it depends on the aircraft. On A350 there’s no pitching down, while on B787 and B757 it pitches severely.