VR in Infinite Flight

Will there be a feature where you can use VR in IF

9 Likes

Do you mean VR as in virtual reality?

6 Likes

Yes, Virtual Reality

5 Likes

No plans or announcements at the moment.

5 Likes

If Infinite Flight is a mobile only simulator in 3 years or so, I doubt there will ever be VR

3 Likes

Hope so in the future!

4 Likes

At this stage, without even considering how will the controls be handled, it just seems like too much work for something a few people will use. Best thing that you could do now is find a second device and use smoothtrack for head tracking in the cockpit:

5 Likes

There is always hope and surprises. We never know what infinite flight will surprise us with next.

3 Likes

Like VR still not, but you can use Smooth Track App.

1 Like

would be nice

1 Like

I believe this would only work at the least if IF was PC-capable, which it isn’t. But, it’s a cool idea! Maybe the community could create something similar to IF for PC, and make it VR (with a written permission from Laura herself of course) and it could go from there. The community is sure full of talented people that could make this happen.

3 Likes

Doubt it as it’s a mobile sim

Thought you meant rotate

1 Like

There are a lot of reasons this will remain a pipe dream for the foreseeable future in my opinion. One big issue is that there isn’t the sort of hardware around to support it. While things like google cardboard and many many glorified versions of it exist they don’t really present nearly the same experience as a dedicated vr headset. There is also the consideration of the devices we would be putting in those. A powerful phone may be able to handle the sort of dual rendering that is required for vr, but there is a lot more than that. The screens on our phones in many cases couldn’t do the 90hz that is recommended for vr to not induce nausea and disorientation. Now high refresh rates are starting to crop up in phones, but without any real data to back this up I’d be willing to bet that the majority of people reading this post would have a nausea inducing experience trying to do anything more intense that YouTube in vr for any extended period. These are all obstacles that could resolve themselves in the future, but it’s not feasible for the vast majority of users. I have no official source to say this but I doubt this is even on the developers radar.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.