Vote for Infinite Flight's Next Aircraft - The Results

Hello fellow Infinite Flight pilots!

We asked for your vote for our next aircraft build and during a 2-Round voting process, the A330 and A220 ended up going head-to-head in a very close race. And here are your results:

Discourse rounds the percentages but of course, we want you to see actual results. Here they are:

Total Votes: 5592

A330-300: 2814 (50.32%)

A220-300: 2778 (49.68%)

As you can see, this was a VERY tight race! With a vote that is so close (especially in our day and age), there may be some questions as to the validity of the results. We’ve discussed this internally as a team, and we trust the technology behind discourse’s poll system. This is the best metric we have in controlling who can vote (must have an IFC account). Our moderators are constantly rooting out and removing duplicate forum accounts so this isn’t a concern in terms of the potential for duplicate votes.

Thank you to everyone who voted! We do not have a timeline for the A330-300 build yet but here is what we do know:

• This aircraft build will start very soon as 3D artists have wrapped up 757 work.
  • The -300 is the only variant that will be built and we will communicate more on this at a later date.
  • We do not have word on which liveries will show up; it’s too early for that.

Thanks for your participation!

292 Likes

36 is the new 69

Template by Med

89 Likes

A330! Yes!!!

44 Likes

A330 YES YES YES cant wait for this

24 Likes

Wow! Very very close. Not what I voted for, I love planes none the less :)

15 Likes

Well gg guys a220 will be next time

35 Likes

Sad noises

31 Likes

Another wide-body addition…

It’s fair that we get the A330 considering the votes, but it dissapoints me greatly that people dont care about what improves this sim for the better. A short-haul airliner would have been a better addition now!

52 Likes

Although I originally voted for the A220, I am happy with the A330 rework. I can’t wait to see what the developers accomplish!
———
I think the poll deserves a recount. @jasonrosewell

19 Likes

A330-300 GANG RISE UP!!!

Would be great to see the new liveries coming though.

26 Likes

36 votes…

36 votes?!?!?!

Oh well…looking forward to seeing what the devs do with the A330. And then the A330 rants can be put to rest at last…

19 Likes

Well… I have to admit, I was rooting for the A220 as we already have quite a few long-hauls. But anyway; I’m definitely looking forward to the A330 too now. It’ll be a magnificent airplane built by our very talented devs! Let’s get behind this vote together and look forward to flying this airplane during fantastic events! I’m sure the time for the A220 will come at some point.

Congratulations, Team A330!

52 Likes

To anyone who says this was rigged…

Almost our entire staff team and mod team wanted the A220. It most definitely was not rigged.

158 Likes

what a coincidence ! ! ! Such a weak advantage

7 Likes

Wow! Well, what remains to be said here? The contest was fair and we see huge interest into both of these planes. The A330 will look fantastic in IF and I look forward to flying it next year. Thank you everyone once again for the opportunity to vote, hopefully not the last time!

11 Likes

Yes oh my god! I’m speechless! This plane is getting a new look!

4 Likes

Yessssssssssirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the A330-300 won

5 Likes

Speechless. Didn’t know the community was that divided 😶

12 Likes

No way!!! Those are the closest results I have ever seen!!!

6 Likes

Holy smokes what a race as the A330 does a wheelie to the 🏁

21 Likes