Vor station

Hi everyone, I wanted to try the ARC DME procedure on Honululo Airport (PHNL), as reported in the User Guide. Incredible … the VOR station no longer exists and unfortunately many have disappeared …

VOR stations are being phased out with time as RNAV/RNP procedures are taking over, but HNL VOR should be operative since all effective procedure charts still feature it, and therefor it also should be featured in IF. However, if you want to practice DME arcs I recommend to do some island hopping in Greece, there are tons of conventional approach procedures in place.

Dear Joel, I can also find VOR procedures in Italy and also in Europe, but I wanted to perform the procedure on PHNL as per “User Guide”, which in reality is not there and you can also check it. I guarantee you that the VORs are still there and moreover operational… and how! I like to fly simulating the real procedures of real flight and not for fun! With IF I no longer fly in LIVE mode (I was in 4th grade) but in “SOLO” mode with reference to the flight charts. thanks 🙏

Hi Guglielmo! Is it alright if you could share a successful replay or videos afterwards with us? Tried the same exact thing several times last week, same location same points same plane as per user guide but then failed and couldn’t figure out why. Really wanted to nail this, as you said, being as realist as possible.

Hi! Many VOR stations are present in Infinite Flight- they’re just not visible on the map. HNL is a great example of this. To make it visible, and to be able to tune in to use it for approaches, include it in your flight plan like I’ve done here in this photo:

When you include the station identifier in your flight plan, the station shows up on the map as you’ve made it part of your fpl. Even if you don’t plan to fly direct to it, this helps, because you can now click on the station and are able to tune to it, whereas before you are not able to see/tap on it.

Sadly, a lot of VORs are like this in IF. I am not entirely sure why.

4 Likes

hello, I’ve certainly seen it but you can’t use it with radials and DME ARCs, but you can only use it as a waypoint …

When you include the station identifier in your flight plan, the station shows up on the map as you’ve made it part of your fpl. Even if you don’t plan to fly direct to it, this helps, because you can now click on the station and are able to tune to it, whereas before you are not able to see/tap on it.

Sadly, a lot of VORs are like this in IF. I am not entirely sure why.

1 Like

Once it’s in your flight plan, you can click on it on the map. This allows you to tune it to NAV 1 or NAV 2. This will allow you to fly radials or do a DME arc approach.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I finally solved it … I had written two emails previously without solving the problem. Thanks again

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.