VOR - Question

Hello People

Can I looked through the User guide and Tylers Vid

It explains the VOR Perfectly!

However one thinig i would like to know, It does not tell me what heading to approach it on, I looked at the VOR in one airport and it says a something like 114.400MHz, ok perfect, you approach it on a heading on 114 right? No, On Tylers vid and on many outher vids this is not how it works, that number is for something eles,

so summary,

1. What are the MHz on VORs mean
  2. how do i know what heading to approach the VOR on

Please tell me!

Not 100% sure about this, but I think the 114.400 is a frequency that you use to tune into the VOR, similar to when you tune into an ILS. I’m not sure though, VOR’s are not my strong point, I’m still learning many things about them.

2 Likes

As @Mukundan_Srivatsa already said that is the VOR frequency. In real life you would tune into it manually (a bit like tuning into a radio channel or an ILS).

This depends on what you want to do. If you use a VOR for an approach, you would take the heading/course from a chart. If you use it for general navigation, you would use the track from your current position to it or whatever track you want to fly.

If anything is still unclear, please let me know!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.