Vollleyball tournaments in Hollywood ( FINAL FLIGHT )

Good evening from Los Angeles, California! 👋🌴📸 where tonight we hop on Spirit Airlines red eye service from here in LA 🌴📸 out east to their main base in Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ to wrap up this weekend volleyball 🏐 trip out here on the west coast. We unfortunately didn’t have a whole lot of time here since our flight here landed at 10:00pm and we didn’t even have a full day to enjoy Hollywood because of the tournament and my little plane spotting sessions so at most we enjoyed both Santa Monica and Venice beaches 🏝️☀️🌊 along with the sunset 🌅 before we eventually had to make our ways to LAX to catch our flight back and before we continue I’d like to announce that it’s officially been 1 YEAR of trip reports. I posted my first one a year ago today from Miami 🏝️😎 to Cali, Colombia 🇨🇴 and eventually onto San Andrés however the original post is unlisted and locked since I did violate the picture limit and I did repurpose those pictures into a newer version in March so they aren’t lost but the original is in fact a year old today. But here we are at LAX so let’s get this trip back home started!

Flight Info

Origin: Los Angeles Intl 🇺🇸 ( KLAX )
Destination: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl 🇺🇸 ( KFLL )
Flight Time: 4:03
Airbus A320-200 ( Spirit Airlines )
Server: Expert

Since I was already checked in, I was able to go straight to security however my aunt and uncle once again stayed back since they were checking a bag. But once we got through security we had a little “late night snack” even though it was only 8pm PST but we weren’t adjusted to Pacific time so for us it was like 11pm but after our tasty milkshakes it was time to head to our gate which would be 56C tonight we’re our flying school bus is parked which is coincidentally the SAME one I spotted coming into LAX from Dallas DFW 🤠 a few hours ago and had just came from Las Vegas 🎰⭐️ now this isn’t the first time I’ve been on a transcontinental red eye before as I have previously flown LAS → MIA back in September so I’m not as nervous but I’m curious how much sleep I’ll get since this is Spirit after all but let’s just board!

Once again, same exact seat for our red eye back and soon enough the captain came on and stated that our flight time will be a QUICK 4 hours and 8 minutes. Dang how powerful are these jet streams? I mean we did take ALMOST 6 getting here so I was expecting a lot less time back but since our flight time is so short for a red eye, I’m getting no sleep tonight that’s for sure! 😂 but we pushed back right on time made our way to LAXs Runway 25R for take off.

Making things even better, we were number 1 for departure so we wasted almost NO time getting airborne but a flying plane makes more money than a plane on the ground.

Quick final look over Los Angeles 🌴📸 and surrounding areas, it really sucks we weren’t here for much longer but we did get to enjoy a nice sunset on Venice Beach 🏝️🌊☀️🌅 and some spotting 📸✈️ so why am I complaining? 😂 but off we go home!

We soon reached our cruising altitude of FL370 for our flight tonight with a look down at the Salton Sea south of Palm Springs still looking forward to visiting soon. Once again the crew came around and also once again, nothing was free and unfortunately the crew didn’t interact with us a lot this flight compared to my previous flight but than again most of us were sleeping and they seemed tired themselves so I understand but the ratings must go on so 2 stars here ⭐️⭐️ once again I didn’t bother purchasing Wi-Fi and besides I was KNOCKED OUT IN AN INSTANT that’s how tired I was so see you in a few hour than!

Believe it or not, I actually slept really good despite the awful legroom and somewhat uncomfortable seat only being woken up by a crying baby and I sure love them 😀 and one more thing,

What’s up Houston? 👋

Thankfully, I fell back to sleep fairly quick only being woken up by the cabin lights coming back on above the Florida 🏝️🐊🍊 west coast near Fort Myers while the crew carried out their final cabin walk around making sure our seatbelts were fastened, tray tables up and the usual landing preparation procedures.

12 minutes after looking down at Fort Myers, we’re now looking at Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ and my goodness is she stunning, although not as colorful as the 305 herself 🏝️😎 but it’s still an important city of this vastly populated region and we even get a view of FLL which is our target for landing tonight. But due to the hour, we’d have to approach from the east so we’d fly above the Atlantic Ocean a bit before turning right base for FLLs RWY 28R this morning!

Don’t ask me how, but my cousin slept the ENTIRE flight and only woke up once my aunt woke her up as we were on final but soon enough we were on the ground and with that, welcome to Fort Lauderdale! 🏝️🛥️ now for my final thoughts, this banana bus 🍌 red eye wasn’t too bad mainly since the flight itself wasn’t terribly long wish I could say the same for our flight to LA 🌴📸 but once again these winds are to blame. The crew weren’t very social but weren’t rude either so they were alright and so was this seat so overall, I still wouldn’t fly Spirit on a transcontinental flight but if they are the only option I can at least say I’ve done it before and it wasn’t too bad.

Our trip ends once again where it starts FLLs terminal 4 concourse G at gate G12 and the terminal is DEAD at this time we were the ONLY flight on the ground by this time until 20 minutes later when another Spirit flight from Santiago de Los Caballeros, Dominican Republic 🇩🇴 comes in and since the airport was empty. The bags came out quickly and we were out of the airport before 5:30am and got home before the sun had even ROSE. I’m glad you came along on not only this trip but ALL my trips I’ve been posting since a year ago keep your eyes open for spring break as we make another gateway to a new city and even country and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

6 Likes

What a great red-eye flight you had. Despite the fact that u said that u were not gonna have no sleep tonight, that was a red-eye flight okay. You were definitely gonna get some sleep and thus your cousin slept the entire flight cuz it was a red-eye flight. But welcome back to FLL @NonStopsAviation well u live in Palm Beach 🏝🇺🇸 IRL

1 Like

I meant that I wasn’t going to get a lot of sleep when I said no sleep and I’m glad to be home!

1 Like

And you slept didn’t you on that red-eye flight?

1 Like

Yeah but for only like 3 hours

1 Like

See, that was a red-eye flight. U left LAX late at night and arrived to FLL early morning. So I’m pretty sure that u had some sleep throughout tht red-eye flight

1 Like

Some not a lot

1 Like

Exactly @NonStopsAviation

1 Like

Still went straight to bed when I got home 😂

You’re talking about IRL or about the game?

Game

1 Like

Yeah right @NonStopsAviation

1 Like