[Vocal ATC] IFATS Follow-me Cessna Event @ LFPG - 281800ZOCT17

Server: Casual

Airport: LFPG

Time: 1800Z

Notam: Hello all! Welcome to another vocal ATC event brought to you by the Infinite Flight Air Traffic Service. We are a virtual organisation that provides professional and realistic vocal air traffic control services. We operate using Discord. You can find our Discord server invite link on our website. Take a look at our thread for more information.

In this event, we will have a few people acting as follow-me cars in Cessna 172s, which will be stationed at Charles de Gaulle (LFPG), to guide you around its complex taxiways, to your gate/runway. Unlike the last time we attemted this, you will not need to request a gate on here; you will simply file your flight plan in the #fss channel on our Discord, and then the controllers will then look at and assign you a gate, which you will then be told by the ground controller when you arrive.

Also unlike the last time we attempted this, there is no specific route as such. You may fly either into or from LFPG from/to any airport you like. We recommend that if you are arriving into LFPG, you do not do long haul, as the flight time can be greatly impacted by the winds, and you might arrive either too early or too late.

Please note that follow-mes will only be provided for LFPG. Some controllers may choose to open other airports a couple of hours either side of the event, so that pilots can have ATC coverage for the other airport.

In order to participate in this event, you do not have to be confident with vocal ATC communications now, but you will need to schedule some training sessions with our very helpful instructors, in order to be confident enough for the event. This will include being able to have a knowlage of how the clearance delivery frequency works, and also be able to understand and read charts.
You must also be able to speak English to an understandable level.

This should be a really enjoyable event, so we hope to see a lot of you there! Once again, you can find the link to our Discord server on the homepage of our website.

If there are any problems, don’t hesitate to drop me a PM, either on Discord or the IFC.

That’s all for now,

IFATS

IFATS

6 Likes

Spelling Mistake!! And I’ll be coming…

Edit, found another ;)

5 Likes

I love this idea! I hope there’ll be more events like this!

I’ll be coming in the callsign Air France 720 or 720 with a different livery.

2 Likes

I Go fly with American Airlines??

3 Likes

Fixed. Thanks for letting me know

3 Likes

Sure thing! See you there

1 Like

Glad to know your coming. We’ll see you there!

1 Like

Love to come. Sign me up 😀

2 Likes

No need for a sign up, but glad to hear you’re coming.

I didn’t mean “sign me up”literally 😂 but oh well 👍

2 Likes

If you are attending be sure to find the discord link on our website, if you are having a hard time finding it feel free to pop onto the live chat where one of our support team members will gladly help you! http://ifats.weebly.com/

Who’s going to be in the follow me cars?

2 Likes

I will PM people who I think would be good, and havn’t asked to be one.

2 Likes

Grammar mistake:
It should be “Edit:”, not “Edit,”.

1 Like

Really…? I mean of all things to comment on.

2 Likes

Remember folks! The event is today! Be sure to join our discord if you plan on attending, link can be found here. Enjoy!

Please count me im, however I have a meeting to attend but I will try my best to make it, I’ve been a fan of IFATS VATC services!! 😃

2 Likes

Great idea! When will you have an event like this again? I always work all day on the weekends but this would be so fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.