VNAV video posted on IF docs

Start studying.

14 Likes

Yes, along with this, the updated website features documentation on SID/STAR procedures as well as APU startups and ATC Center control.

There have been numerous topics already on this.

This will likely get shut down.

1 Like

Yes we are all looking forward to VNAV it is going to be awesome! However this topic serves no purpose as there are multiple already so unless you want it shut maybe edit it in someway!
Happy Flying 😀
Cign

Re - member ATC will be lenient with thease new features that will come into place for 20.1 as will be mistakes made :)

1 Like

Thanks for the warning. Happy viewing till shutdown.

2 Likes

No editing will be done. Thanks for the warning. Happy view till closed.

Thank 👏 you 👏 Tyler.

I mean, it took me good month to learn how to descend without turning into a drill for a mine. And, my favorite aircraft the 757 sees -1200 as -4000. This feature will be one jolly good help for me!

Happy flying! 👨‍✈️

Ace out! ✌️

This is going to be a very confusing update…

2 Likes

Tyler and the team said that they’ll be giving out tutorials for each feature in the game. I think this will be one of the most understood and crystal clear updates.

Happy flying! 👨‍✈️

Ace out! ✌️

3 Likes

There will be a lot to learn but what ever doesn’t kill yah makes you stronger.

1 Like

What’s the oversteer technique? I think I know, but I’d like to make sure. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s basically a tighter turn onto the runway to save runway space

6 Likes

Nothings been mentioned but you never know

1 Like

More elaboration about this technique would be much appreciated 🙏

Well, if I understand it correctly this is just like a mini-backtrack. You enter the runway via the very last taxiway, make the turn as close to the runway threshold/runway end as possible and have all available take of length ahead of you.

A adequate, but low turn speed definitely helps in my opinion for a tight 90° turn.

Can someone provide me with the links of the VNAV and APU starup tutorials?

Thanks

1 Like

So is it a lining up method? I think you will need some power to keep the aircraft’s speed particularly if it was heavy🤔

1 Like

It’s a method for tight turns, and can be used for RWY entry, exit and normal taxi turns. It means that the nose grat. doesn’t follow the taxi line, but goes beyond it before doing a sharp turn.

That’s very much possible, yes. Just keep you speed low if traffic allows to have all of the runway available.

You can also see that the nose is beyond the runway centreline during the turn in this PDF file (page 165):

2 Likes

I hope so 😂

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.