VNAV or manual approach?

As we all know, 20.1 update has made made our work so much easier… So, I was thinking why not ask my IF mates what would they prefer ?VNAV or manual approach? Because I have seen some posts, where people are saying that VNAV starts a slow descent, very early as compared to the approaches we start, much later… So what do you think?

PS: I haven’t flown since 20.1 has released, my subscription is inactive ☹️😅

PPSS: I know that the update has released just a week ago, and I shouldn’t have had posted this to early, but it’s curiosity that troubles me😅😅

I am VNAV all the way… just who would not want the aircraft doing all the work for them :)

2 Likes

That’s a good response 👍😊

I would also say VNAV if possible. It is very accurate. If you can’t then of course use the old way.

1 Like

Ok got it… thanks 😊

Me. Me 100%. Otherwise, why call yourself a pilot? 🙃

1 Like

I try to do as much as possible by myself. I like to fly the airplane not operate a computer

1 Like

Pilots are mostly there to troubleshoot problems. NGL jk but the plane computer does a lot of work.

1 Like

I would like more people to give me their thoughts on this pls😅

Agreed @anon38496261

1 Like

That’s what’s wrong with automation. It’s taking the aviate out of aviation. Are you a pilot or a computer?

1 Like

I would love to be a computer because then I could actually call myself smart

2 Likes

This has been said many times before but…

Let VNAV be a guide. Do not 100% rely on it, but of course use it! I’d recommend staying at your device and monitoring the descent all the way from TOD, as things can go wrong, especially with aircraft that struggle to maintain a set speed when descending quickly (like the A350, 777, A330 and DC10/MD11).

Hope that helps!

5 Likes

@Frequentfliyer LoL that noice😆

1 Like

Yes! @Charlieab29 thanks 😊

1 Like

These days I fly more GA than airliners, so I manually fly my descent. But when I do fly airliners, I use VNAV.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for those responses 👍😁😊

1 Like

This topic can now be closed 😀👍🏻

Good thread :)

1 Like

Thanks 👍🏻☺️ @Frequentfliyer