Vnav on climb out

I don’t get why if VNAV works on decent then why can’t it on climb out ? Is this how it works in real life or is it something with the simulator where they don’t have it possible due to coding challenges or something? I don’t under why if its possible for one, why is it not possible for the other ? And then to follow that up, hoe do you guys make sure you hit the right way points at the right altitude on the way out so I can learn?

2 Likes

Laura, one of the Infinite Flight developers, created VNAV for the 20.1 SID’s & STAR’s update. She said that for now, VNAV will only work for descending. I believe the IF team is still working on a fully functional VNAV that will come in the near future!

3 Likes

So, they in the first version of VNAV, it would be only for Descend, but it will be worked on to work with climb, not confirming anything tho

1 Like

A great alternative to the current VNAV for climbing is a third party app called “In-Flight Assistant” by John Goering. It does cost a few dollars but is a great app and has a good VNAV. Here’s a link to the App Store → ‎In-Flight Assistant on the App Store

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.