Vistara Takes Delivery Of Its First Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner

Vistara has taken delivery of its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

Vistara’s first of six Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners, registered as VT-TSD, flew from Boeing’s Delivery Center in Everett to Delhi on February 28, 2020.

A few hours ago, Vistara officially unveiled its first widebody aircraft at a ceremony in Delhi Airport.

Vistara has become the first airline in India to offer in-flight WiFi starting with their 787-9.

Vistara’s 787-9s feature 30 Business Class, 21 Premium Economy, and 248 Economy Class seats.

Business Class:

Vistara has chosen the Stelia Aerospace Symphony seat which is the same seat found on Singapore Airlines’ 787-10 Business Class.

Business Class features:

• 44” seat pitch with a full flatbed with 76” length
  • Personal stowage compartment
  • AC and USB power outlet
  • 18” HD personal entertainment screen with a video handset
  • Seat ambient lighting

Premium Economy Class:

Vistara becomes the first Indian airline to offer a Premium Economy Class.

Premium Economy Features:

• 37” seat pitch
  • 13” HD personal entertainment screen
  • 6-way headrest
  • Calf and footrest
  • AC and USB power outlet

Economy Class:

Economy Class Features:

• 31” seat pitch
  • 12” HD personal entertainment screen
  • 6-way headrest
  • USB power outlet

Vistara will initially use its 787-9 on domestic routes before planning new international destinations such as London, Tokyo, Paris, Moscow, and more.

All images per Boeing/Vistara

Congrats to Vistara on their first 787-9 Dreamliner!

What are your thoughts on their new aircraft?

23 Likes

It’s beautiful livery but they have to put more colour to be more beautiful 😂

1 Like

Business class, premium, and economy all looks comfy to be on. Hope they cone to Toronto one day 🤞

1 Like

It landed on Saturday last week at VIDP, I was unable to get a picture of it.

1 Like

Here’s a better image of Vistara’s Premium Economy

2 Likes

Hope they start flights to the United States!

1 Like

Problem with that, apparently this first 789 doesn’t have crew rest areas so they’re limited to 6-8 hour flights like London and Tokyo.

Not sure if their other 5 will be the same.

1 Like

I guess that works as well… maybe they can codeshare (they have a codeshare with JAL)

They also have codeshare agreements with Singapore Airlines, United, Lufthansa, and British Airways

1 Like

Thanks for this topic, Ishrion! I am loving Vistara’s livery on the B789. It’s darn beautiful and I love flying the new feeling with Vistara.

Just going to drop this here, if any of you would like to see this livery in the game. Vote for it!

4 Likes

Just voted for it!

1 Like

@Ishrion, seriously?!

Delhi to Key West? Honestly…

2 Likes

Not Key West 😱 There are other destinations which I think Vistara could focus on.

LMAO I wasn’t expecting anyone to see that. It was a joke because when I posted that there were already three other comments saying DEL-BOM

1 Like

Hahaha…

And there goes my likes limit again :(

If DEL-EYW can be a thing, let’s get DEL-SJC 😃

If it were BLR-SJC, that would’ve been killer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.