Visibility 4000m. mist. haze @VHHH

Feel it.

29 Likes

These are amazing! I absolutely love these! I go to VHHH to spot cause that 07R area is so easy! Shame 25L departures don’t come around more!

1 Like

Thank you. I can’t agree more, it’s a shame that the airport didn’t build a new observation deck after the closure of T2. Also plane spotting is quite limited in HKG due to arrivals will only use the third runway in rush hour which is far far away from any possible spot locations…

1 Like

Great shots!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah agreed! But, hopefully once they have finally finished repaving 07C/25C we will get some arrivals on there as well! Then the rocks at the end of 07R would be perfect again for both 07 and 25 ops! Have you tried going up the top of the hill next to Cathay City where the cable car station is? I have heard that is meant to be a good spot but I have never personally tried.

1 Like

i LOVE the last one!!!

1 Like

I’ve only been to the outside of the airport police station for 07R departures, here’s a example of the spot:

Summary

Long haul 747F flights are not possible there 🤣

Also taking photos seems to be not appreciated there, someone work at the checkpoint asked me to leave. I would suggest scenic hill (the hill you’re talking about?) Or the bridge near Catering West Road bus stop. If you don’t mind to hike for 1 hour to get to the spot, I suggest Sha Lo Wan, best view but the location is very far away from civilian 🥴

Here’s a guide, although some of the locations are outdated, you can still use it for a reference.

Thank you! 😄 Humid weather always bring surprises

1 Like

Yeah I have had a look on there. But sadly I only have my phone, not got the funds for a proper camera at the moment sadly. So just taking with phone. That is why I just go to the rocks and hjope for a 25L departures day because the zoom is just not good enough! But I have had some good shots from there of some interesting stuff like the Fiji Airways A330 that comes frequently! But once I get a proper camera I have heard Sha Lo Wan is amazing!

1 Like

I see. There will be more chances of using 25s in spring and summer, also better weather… 🥹

1 Like

Agreed! The only problem then is the horrendous heat and humidity that comes haha. Wish you could get 25 ops in the winter haha. But alas, beggers cannot be choosers!

1 Like