VirtualPorter | Official thread

Website | Instagram | Official trailer | Join us

🎉 Update 3.03 is in the works!

We promised that we would have news to share soon, so without further ado let’s get straight into it! Although it may have been a little quiet within out VA these past couple days, @MisterButler and some other members have been at work adding new features and improving our community platforms. In our upcoming VirtualPorter 3.03 update, we will be refreshing our organisation vision and details, as we feel that our ‘purpose’ is not emphasised enough. This means that we will update our VA goals and ambitions to better reflect what we truly are striving for. Along with that, we will also refresh our main/event threads with the following respective new info. For our events, we will reintroduce an official ‘Event PM’ thread, where the latest flight details (including procedures and Q400 SOPs) will be shared. Our new event threads will also feature a brief procedures section, roughly going over how we will fly. As for other works, we are currently in the process of building the ‘YTZ lounge’ page on our website where members can access quick how-to guides and FAQs, pilot music playlists, Q400 video tutorials along with Porter related and aviation entertainment. We have a small community, so it is very important for us to ensure that ALL of our members feel inclusive within the VA because it is they who make up a significant portion of the organisation. Every member means a lot to us, so it is our duty to continue to provide a unique, vibrant, and professional environment for everyone. Without them, we would not exist. Expect this VA update to roll out near the end of August! As always, each and every update brings our VA closer to perfection, as there are always areas we can improve upon. Happy flying everyone!

We are VirtualPorter. That means we are unaffiliated with the real world organisation. Visit flyporter.com for the real world airline.

11 Likes

This is an amazing VA for porter! Love flying around Eastern Canada and around the coast of the US. All in the Dash 8!

3 Likes

Truly one of the best, definitely consists of great staff and great aspects of the IF.

2 Likes

Will be applying soon!

2 Likes

We’re excited to have you aboard! Can’t wait!

🎉 A few things to mention.

As our members may know, the last couple of weeks have been very challenging for us as activity levels have dropped to a new low and member interest has fallen significantly. We’re trying our best to maintain and continue our operations as usual, but ultimately community interaction will determine our fate. On a lighter note, our update 3.03 progress is still coming together really well, and right on schedule. We also have 2 sponsored events that are currently ongoing, hosted by none other than @Pajd02 himself! The first event (this weekend) is a CYTZ flyout, so click here to visit the event thread! The second event is a CYUL flyout from our focus city of Montreal (also known as the Paris of North America). Show your Porter love and grab yourself a gate by clicking right here! Because we are sponsors of these events, all attendees that are also in our VA will receive 1 PDgold point, which can be used for many unique purposes.

We are VirtualPorter. That means we are unaffiliated with the real world organisation. Visit flyporter.com for the real world airline.

7 Likes

@MisterButler I still haven’t received a response to my application…

1 Like

We did send you an application and you never joined using our Discord link, make sure to check your inbox :((

Oh, I thought that I would get sent a PM via the IFC! Could you please re-send the link?

1 Like

Yeah it is a message on the IFC, I think you might’ve missed it. No problem though, a new one is being sent right now!

1 Like

Thank you :)

1 Like

🎉 Join our Discord server!

We’re part of the more unique virtual airlines on the community, and one reason for that is because we’ve chosen to use Discord as our communication platform instead of Slack. Why? Discord allows us to have more customisable and flexible control over our server and allows easier management of our members. Using roles, we can set what our members see and don’t see, and we can also display award roles on every member profile to show off their hard work and dedication to Porter. Discord is also very user friendly, featuring a neat interface (so channels won’t be clogged up with audit logs), the ability to have voice chats (which make group flying much easier and fun) and organised channel categories to ensure text channels are not all clumped together as one. With our current server boosts thanks to devoted pilots, we also have a cool GIF for the server icon. From this moment onwards, we’re thrilled to announce that we will be opening up our server to the Infinite Flight Community where people can join as guests and interact with our VA members, who are also aviation enthusiasts like all of us! If you’re feeling a little down or lonely, or simply just want to have a chat about the Q400 and aviation in general, don’t hesitate to click here to learn how to get in. Guest members will not be able to view our operations channels. And to conclude this quick update, below is a morning shot of our aircraft parked at Sudbury, featured as our latest Instagram post. Psst…don’t hesitate to give us a follow.

7 Likes

Great thread

1 Like

Thank you, it means a lot! Also for those of you seeing this bump, scroll up a little to see our latest update…

🎉 A few things to share.

Hey everyone! As you may have found out from our previous community update over a week ago, we’ve now opened up our Discord server to the community where members can join as guests and interact with our VA pilots. With this Guest role, new members are able to access certain channels that do not interfere with our daily operations. A new YouTube video promoting this brand new feature is now available, so click on the image below to be redirected to our YT channel, and make sure to like and subscribe! As for other news, our 3.03 update is coming together very well with multiple changes having already taken place on our server, such as the introduction of a new bot that allows our members to level up based on their activity levels. Levelling up will serve more purposes in the future, but for now the first member to reach level 20 will receive 6 PDgold points, which can be spent on exclusive VA items. Keep an eye out for more updates and changes to our organisation in the coming weeks!

6 Likes

Just applied for the airline!!! I’m so excited 😆!

3 Likes

Hey there! I did see your application, and I have to say, the quality of it was simply outstanding. You’ve included so much detail, we just had to accept you in a heartbeat. However, we won’t be able to do that until you get your IFC account to at least a basic level so that we can direct message you the acceptance message (which includes the quick how-to guide and Discord link)! Thanks for choosing us, it truly means a lot.

1 Like

Oh ok 👌 I’ll do my best to upgrade it

1 Like

Hi @MisterButler just got upgrade to the basic trust level! 😆

1 Like

Heck yeah! Let’s goooo! Expect an IFC message from us within the next 4 hours…we are VERY excited to have you aboard

1 Like