Virtual Airlines

I have always had a question… what is a va. I’ve see ones like BAVA. What do you do in them. Is it like a group of people for an airline? Thanks. Sorry if this is in the wrong category.

3 Likes

You fly realistic routes, planes, and with realistic conditions too.

VAs, are basically recreating real airlines into IF.

In each VA are ranks, and you start small when you join, but you get access to bigger planes and longer routes as you fly more for the VA.

4 Likes

Ok Thank you for for the response. That makes a lot more sense now.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey! I’m the COO of the Virgin Virtual Group so I’ll provide some insights into how we run, but I can’t speak for ally VAs as they’re all unique.

The main idea of a VA is to virtually recreate the operations of an airline. You chat with other likeminded pilots, log hours and climb the VA’s ranks to be able to fly bigger and better aircraft. Check out the #live:va category for all VA threads.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Thanks for giving me details and clearing that up. I really appreciate it!

Thanks

1 Like

If you check out the IFVARB website you can find more details about the different VAs that are official reconigsed within the app. https://ifvarb.com/database.php

VAs range from ones based on real life airlines, (BAVA, VIRGIN and QANTAS as examples of some of the big names) whilst there are others that are not based on any real life airlines and also different groups flying military or GA aircraft. What ever you enjoy there will be something for you!

The VA that I belong too has over 600 routes available, all based on the real life schedule of the airline group, flying everything from the Dash 8 and regionals all the way up to ULH flights as well as lots of A320 and B737 flights in some of the most scenic parts of the world!

Good luck and see you in the Virtual Sky!

Hi I am a BAVA pilot in BAVA we fly realistic routes do events and group flights with ranks and the more flight hours you have the higher your rank and the more you can fly

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I have another question, what are the requirements to get in one?

Requirements are stated on the Virtual airlines/organisations thread or website. They’re different depending on the VA/VO.

1 Like

Glad to see a staff member of a VA not just advertising! Bravo man, glad to see you’re helping out a fellow pilot. We need more people like you 👍

3 Likes

cough there are other VA staff members commenting on this thread ;-)

4 Likes

Ok… you too- haha

2 Likes

Thank you guys for all of the support!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.