Virtual Airlines: Pros and Cons?

Hey everyone!

I’ve recently been thinking of applying to a VA to seek new possibilities. I was only wondering what the pros and, if any, cons are of joining a VA? I’m pretty open to any suggestions on VA’s to apply to too.

P.S. if this topic doesn’t belong in the right category, could someone please direct it to the appropriate one? Thanks.

4 Likes

There’s a lot of benefits! It really brings you closer to the community, you can build up your own stats and hours as the pilot and go up the ranks which is very fun, participate in many events with groups of people, explore the world while flying under your VA while gaining lots of flight time! You’ve got nothing to lose! It’s just a commitment. :)

4 Likes

I like VA’s because you can get staff positions, and put your flight hours to use. Also some VA’s tend to be quite realistic and if your into that then great! Also, VA’s offer a community meet people and chat, hang out and fly together. Although some VA’s might not be the absolute best there will be one just for you!

2 Likes

A pro is that you would meet new people and have more friends. A con would be that if you are in too much you could get very busy.

1 Like

Here @FLyboy277, you can check IFVARB.com for staff applications for VA/VOs!

1 Like

Joining a VA is awesome! It’s like being apart of a family! Flying realistic routes, and making new friends!

The biggest con is that your pretty much stuck with fly the same livery…unless your VA has some codeshares. But the biggest con I see is that your also stuck flying to the same places, and no longer have the luxury of flying wherever you want

3 Likes

Thanks! That does help. And I agree with the commitment bit

1 Like

Pro: they let you fly routes you might like
Con: you might not always be able to complete a flight
Pro: you can rank up in the VA like an actual pilot would
Con: Some VA’s might shut down for various reasons

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll just scour through to find the right one

1 Like

Thanks for the link! Will check it out!

1 Like

That sounds nice. Although is that true that one isn’t allowed to fly their own routes that they’d prefer? Are there restrictions to the flights that one can take?

1 Like

VA’s are great for you to fly realistically. If you particularly like an airline, or there’s a VA that flies to your home airport, I’d reccomend joining.

However like I said earlier, they’re for realistic flying. You’ll be given a set of routes you’re able to do with a certain aircraft, so if, like me, that’s your cup of tea… go for it!

2 Likes

Some VAs make you fly back to your hub, others let you go where ever. But I meant that you can just fly for any airline anymore. You can only fly the routes that airline has

1 Like

There’s a lot of benefits of joining a VA! It brings you closer to the community, you can rank up just like a real pilot, participate in many events, explore the world while flying under your VA, and obviously gaining lots of flight time. The only con, if that, would be that jt’s m a commitment.

2 Likes

Anytime, I hope you do! One of my suggestions is a VA that i’m in VirtualPorter;). But feel free to find one that suits your needs! Whats ever the best for you.

2 Likes

One of the things about being in a VA, is that you (usually) got to start off small, flying an E-jet or CRJ aircraft. Although there are good things and bad things about this, you get to discover new places and try different routes which if you were not in a VA would probably never do and you relaize that although you have heard of KATL, KORD, KJFK, KLAX, and KDFW, but have you every been in IF to places like KORF, KAZO, or KAUS? And just overall a fun experience

1 Like

@Blake_Stephens I see. That cleared it up for me!
@Preston_D I’ll check out that particular VA as well! Thanks!
@KTJ_Mitchell So in a way, it’s the closest thing to a “career” mode of sorts, where you build up the ranks over time?

3 Likes

The only con is really you have to fly once for the VA every once in a while, and you might have to fly on expert (and keep 30 landings every 90 days). Otherwise nothing really.

1 Like

@FLyboy277

In theory, I’d say yes! You start flying you’re little puddle hopper aircraft, move up to more mainstream aircraft like the 737 or A320, little more experience gets you 757 and 767, one more up to 787, a330’s and the final level is like 747’s a380’s and 777’s

1 Like

Tl;Dr
theres plenty of benefits
theres few cons