Virtual Airlines Fleets, why?

I have noticed that majority of the Virtual Airlines on IF have put that they have a fleet of “X” many aircrafts. I was wondering why you guys do this? Do you guys honestly enforce your fleet on your members?

Furthermore, do you guys honestly take into consideration your routes for your fleet? What I mean by this is that, I’ve seen virtual airlines say they have 10 aircrafts, for example, 1 B747, 2 B777s and the rest B737’s and A320s but yet they have way more routes than their fleet can bare…

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

Honestly if I created a Virtual Airline I would start with some friends in 1 region with a few aircrafts(maybe 737’s) and a few routes as well(lets say 3). As we fly more and more and log our flight data, we then begin expanding to other routes SLOWLY adding more routes and SLOWLY expanding our fleet. That’s 1 of the things I miss from American Airlines IF. They had the aircraft you would need to fly for a particular route. It provided a great basis for controlling the fleet.

And see that example, you provided makes no sense to do. Which is the reason why i bring up the fleet questions.Great example

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Does it really matter why