Virtual Airline Management System

Hi.

I have been looking around for some kind of management system (for va’s) to play around with. I’ve found one (VAM) but it’s just too complicated for me, and I don’t have a dedicated server. So, I was wondering if anyone knows of a simple, and easy to use management tool for va’s.

3 Likes

Use wix/weebly for a website and slack/discord for communications

For slack you can use admin and owner powers
For discord you can use and create any roles you want

4 Likes

Give it a google search, there are a lot of them. VAFS, phpVMS, VAM, etc…

thanks. I think i’ve found one

1 Like

If VAMS is too complicated for you, more than likely the rest will be too. Just a word of advice :)

1 Like

i think it’s mostly that I don’t have a dedicated server that I can use…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll look into it.

1 Like

that makes zero sense mate I have used both the phpvms and VAM, both require a server which is easy to acquire. php is a walk in the park once the files are uploaded. VAM requires you to go in create the database and load the tables on the server then you need to go in and add the db access credentials and if you want to customise it then you need to learn to code just a little. and php just get a skin off the forums as you guys at qantas did with the Crew Centre skin. Before you start spooking fellow members how about you actually think about what your saying? @mrpidgeon if you need help with anything drop me a pm.

Regards,
ElCap

1 Like

Thanks for your message. Firstly, I am not your “mate”. It is hosting, not a server. Last time I checked, you don’t interact with the PHP scripts directly, but rather through either phpVMS or VAM. Furthermore, I have had over 3 years experience with various VA CMS’s, so I know what I’m talking about, no need to grandstand me on something I already know 😉 I have seen many VAs come and go in 3 years. I know from experience that VA websites take time and effort, which most people don’t have either of, or when they have both, they are met with empty interest. The IFVARB are dough a great job of educating people that VAs aren’t a 5 minute job. This also applies to the websites. You are giving people the wrong idea about these websites, making them sound like a quick thing done only once. For those of you reading, thinking “How long does it take to create a phpVMS/VAM website?”, the answer is not 5 minutes or one hour, to create a quality website with content that is relevant, but rather 4-6 hours. First off, there is getting the website set up, not such a big thing in VAM, phpVMS is quite an involved setup however. Beyond that, there are routes, schedules, aircraft, airports, ranks, awards, staff, design/aesthetics and the internal operations of the site. Then there is promoting the VA and site, maintaining and moderating it, these hours continue long after setup. Don’t let this put you off. If you’re up for the challenge and you have the curiosity and grit to do it, give it your best shot. I did, and although I didn’t succeed at first, I learnt from my mistakes and became successful. To conclude, I suggest you do some more research and actually get some idea of what you’re talking about. For those of you interested in giving it a go, do it! But be warned, it takes a lot of time, patience and determination to see the end product, and if it doesn’t work out or you just can t be bothered anymore, you can’t get that time back you put in. Similarly, I extend a listening ear and guiding hand to anyone who is interested, but having trouble. I would be very happy to offer any advice and support I can.

Happy Flying!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t want to be your “mate” if you need IFC to biggy up that ego of yours, go for it I ain’t stopping you. Also do you know that Hosting requires a server, you could build a server in your garage (expensive and unreliable) and use that to host or do you just host out of thin air?

Best Regards,

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

3 Likes

Back off. If you feel the need to drag this up and insult someone from a one sentence post made over three months ago, you need a new hobby.

VAs can do whatever they want in terms of sites. And, quite frankly, AusFly has a better dose of humility than you do at the moment.

Chill.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.