Virgin Australia top Qantas for top punctuality marks in 2016

Virgin Australia has managed to beat all domestic other carriers to achieve the highest punctuality ratings in 2016. The airline was on top in both on-time arrivals and on time departures with 86.7% for on-time arrivals and 88.4% of on-time departures. Qantas, however, was only able to achieve 86.4% and 88.4% in the two categories, quite surprising considering Qantas is known as “Australia’s best airline”. With the Virgin network also leading the two categories you might have better luck with Tiger or Virgin if you wanna be on time

Virgin on top of Qantas, credit: myself

5 Likes

Every time I fly with Virgin Australia there is a minimum delay of 20 minutes! Not as crazy as Jetstar!

5 Likes

It always was. :) 😎🇦🇺

So your source is yourself. Wanna like give us real sources to prove the worlds safest, longest running non-stop airline is a little lower in time on on time flights.

Even if it is doesn’t make it a good airline. I like long delayed flights you get more time on the plane. (Except when it’s super delayed) I mainly prefer safety and experience. A 97 year old airline I think is experienced.

4 Likes

Qantas qantas qantas never crashed (Rainman Quote)

1 Like

The source for the article is clearly posted, the Australian Aviation Magazine website, with the link right there. Do you really think he just made up the stats such as 88.4%…?

The ‘credit’ he gave to himself is the photograph…

4 Likes

Mate it’s the photo I took myself, I didn’t do the article. Read before you reply 😇

That’s gonna do me a lot of good, because Qantas doesn’t fly Cincinnati to Los Angeles.

2 Likes

You need to consider Qantas operated 18200 designated services
while Virgin Australia only operated 12053 so really Qantas has delivered
more flights on time than Virgin.

Well of course they did, Qantas is growing so fast they can’t manage themself. And Jetstar is bringing their score down.

2 Likes

Your thinking of virgin Australia there, they can’t control themselves. Qantas is making the right decisions lately

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.