Virgin Atlantic order 12 A350 XWB's

What do you think of this? I think the Virgin livery will suit the aircraft. What do you think?
Source is Airbus’ Instagram.

15 Likes

If I remember from the WiKi they ordered A350-1000

Yes they did.

1 Like

A350, It flees more “Plane”

It will look nice. So they’ve ordered this, has anything come up about their options on A380. Reckon they’ll ever have it?

I think Richard needs a good talk to, this ain’t right :(

They are going to own 8 of them out right but the other 4 are going to be leased.
Very happy for Airbus!

Yay my favorite airline buying a plane from my favorite company—Airbus. 😊

2 Likes

Here’s the video from Airbus

1 Like

The smart airlines get both the 787 and A350, and eek the most of each one’s strengths.
It’s like many airlines operate 777s and A330s side by side with no hassles.

I think this will look good in the Virgin livery.

1 Like

Depends how big your fleet is though. If you have fewer than say 20 longhaul aircraft you may find the extra costs in terms of maintaining two different types and having two flight crew pools may outweigh any benefits you can get. It may be more efficient to operate a unified longhaul fleet in these circumstances.

1 Like

Omg Richard Branson is childish lmao

This is what it should look like, apparently it’s more then 50% made in Britain, is this true?

1 Like

Quite possible. The wings are made in the UK as with most Airbus aircraft, and the engines are Rolls Royce made in Derby. May be other smaller bits also made in the UK.

2 Likes

Yeah I heard electrical parts and the landing gear is tested in Bristol, I guess the only things that aren’t are the main parts of the fuselage

1 Like

Breaking News
It’s replacing the B747 😱

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.