Virgin America/Australia/Atlantic

Whats the difference between

Virgin America
Virgin Australia
Virgin Atlantic

isn’t it just one same company operating in different areas

3 Likes
  • Virgin America flies in US
  • Virgin Atlantic flies between the US and UK aka the Pond
  • Virgin Australia flies in Australia
4 Likes

What about Virgin Galatic? They the same company?

2 Likes

Flies in space :-)

1 Like

I knew that

1 Like

Yes, they are all subsidiaries of the parent company, Virgin (which also owns Virgin Mobile etc.)
image
image
image
image

2 Likes

There is also Virgin Mobile, are they all one company?

3 Likes

Richard Branson owns all things Virgin IIRC.

3 Likes

I thought he has the title Sir?

3 Likes

Excuse me. Sir Richard Branson owns everything Virgin.

4 Likes

It doesn’t actually work that way. Even Virgin Australia is only 10% owned by Sir Richard Branson. I think the other 90% is owned by Tigerair. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Group
image

3 Likes

I remember when I had a virgin mobile phone at like 7. That explains a lot…

2 Likes

The only thing VIrgin has in common is its brand that is owned by Richard Branson

3 Likes

That’s a phone carrier like AT&T, Verizon, etc. And there are more companies, but Branson doesn’t have all the 100% of the stock of those companies. The Virgin Group it’s a conglomerate company.


There were also other Virgin airline brands, but they are not longer operative.

1 Like

Don’t forget Virgin Trains.

4 Likes

virgin Australia flies to NZ, Fiji, US, AUS and bali

1 Like

All Virgin airlines are not entirely owned my Richard Branson/Virgin Group, there are other airlines with stakes in those airlines. Virgin America has been purchased in a multi-billion dollar deal by Alaska Airlines.

1 Like

Why do they keep the name then. Does it get them more service?

1 Like

I’d say it gets more recognition

1 Like

virgin australia doesn’t fly to abu dhabi