Violent Speedometer

As I’m completing my third leg of the day, and my speedometer keeps violently changing speeds, up and down, by about 20 kias in each direction. The autopilot for speed was set at 210 (I just took off), and the throttle violently changed from 0% to 100%, everything in between, back and forth. This was after rotating off the runway. I’ve got the important information below, however I can’t send a replay because I am in the middle of the flight.

Airbus A320
Wind conditions headwinds, 11 kts
iPad Pro, 2019, latest updates
Infinite Flight 19.4

If this is a one-time issue, then that is okay. I searched keywords and didn’t find anything. Does anybody know anything about this? Thank you!

1 Like

Have you checked the meter. Probably because of winds

1 Like

Yep, I checked that. The winds were very calm.

No turbulence or winds changing?

1 Like

Nope, none of that. 11 kts

It could be low-level wind shear.
Though I don’t know if IF’s weather detects and simulates that…

1 Like

What altitude?

1 Like

What was your VS? Sometime a large VS with the 210 speed can be challenging. The nose may keep pitching up, over-correct, and then go down, causing the auto-throttle to go crazy, changing your speed.

2 Likes

It does for sure

1 Like

I had just taken off. So the altitude this occurred was from ground level to around 500 feet. VS was around 1800-2000/minute.

1 Like

I’d say it’s because you just took off and it’s hard on AP. I wait to 3000agl to do AP and then slowly adjust it from the way I was flying

1 Like

That is probably it, but it hasn’t happened to be before, or on any of my first two legs in the same aircraft.

Was your load or speed off?

1 Like

@TheFlyingGuy1 has noted the problem. The autopilot in IF makes very rapid/harsh movements. It could’ve been a turn, flaps up, pretty much anything. The AP will make these rapid movements when turning, taking off, landing, or anything in-between. It also may not happen! These are very minor things that may be annoying, but after 1-5 minutes will calm down as you get into a steady groove. Until next time blue skies and tailwinds to you. :)

2 Likes

I was think and I think I realized what happened

So it seems as if you’re AP V/S was adjusting quickly making the speed change rapidly and the A/T go crazy.

2 Likes

That makes more sense. Thank you all for the help!

2 Likes