Violations

Hello, I am currently a grade 2 pilot with 48 landings… I was going to participate in the Australia Day flyout on the 26th, I had 0 violations the whole week. But just then I stupidly was flying at 300 knots, and set a steady decent into 8000 feet. I came back to my iPad only to realise I was flying below 10000 over 240 knots, and de accelerated as fast as I could. I ended up with 5 VIOLATIONS. And as I now have more than 3 for the week, I cannot participate. Is there any way to reverse this?

Unfortunately, there is no way to reverse violations. You as the pilot must have situational awareness and be alert at all times of the flight.

3 Likes

We have all done this and all lost our grade (temporarily) for it. Trick is not to go and make a cup of tea when you are on a descent or you could set your speed to 240kts so it won’t violate you.

2 Likes

I suggest you descend to 11,000ft or 12,000ft, slow down to below 250KIAS and then continue your descent.

2 Likes

Its only a right of Passage, it happens to the best of us, or did at one time haha

1 Like

Real pilots flying the jets at least have a co pilot so potty breaks are allowed without coming back and realizing you just racked up 5 violations in less than a minute.

1 Like

Not during descent they don’t.

3 Likes

For the record, the first violation is given after a 20 second long warning. The second violation - 20 seconds after that, then 20 seconds later you get the third and so on.

2 Likes