Violations

I have recently just done a flight and I’m very quick succession I was awarded with four violations for being over 250kts when from what I was reading I was below this speed. Is this a potential glitch?

Were you under 10,000MSL?

That was not a glitch that was the system giving you a timeout for speeding ;) just bare through it and you’ll be back in no time. Don’t forget to learn the lesson of speeding.

1 Like

The 250 knots is enforced below 10,000 MSL,

This is in Indicated airspeed not ground speed.

A solution to this is if you are using autopilot is to set your speed to 240 that way you won’t go above the restriction.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Enjoy your stay and go far journeys! There is a speed limit of 250 knots below 10’000 Feet MSL, Once you pass 250 knots you could go above 250 knots, 350 knots is the speed limit under 40’000 Feet, once you go above that you can go past 350 knots.

2 Likes

Correction: Under FL400 the speed limit is 550 Ground Speed

1 Like

I am talking about indicated speed 🤦‍♂️

@Toby_Middleton Sorry to hear that you acquired 4 violations during your flight. Here are a list of the max speeds/altitudes that will generate violations:

• Taxi speed: 35 kts GS (Ground Speed)
  • Below 10,000 ft: 250 KIAS (Knots Indicated Air Speed)
  • Between 10,000 ft - 27,999 ft: 350 KIAS
  • FL280 and above: Mach 0.86

There is also another speed restriction in effect that you cannot fly faster than 550 kts GS below FL400. This will lead to being ghosted if you do fly faster than the 550 kts GS.

It sounds like you were above FL280 if your KIAS was less than 250. Remember to focus on the Mach speed above FL280. Hope this helps answer any questions regarding speeds. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any additional questions.

Happy and Safe Landings!

Mark

9 Likes