Violations while away from device

Hi all,

Yesterday I set on route from EGLL to YSSY on the B777LR; FL410, Mach .84. I had full fuel tanks to get me to Sydney. However, after I woke up in the morning to see the progress of the flight, I noticed that I crashed about 2hrs30mins into the flight. I also received 4 violations. This restricted me from accessing the Expert Server, as I went from Grade 4 to Gade 2. I understand that ultimately the PIC (me) is responsible however I knew the restrictions and followed them. I’m not sure the cause of the violations, but I would assume they’re speed violations.

I therefore wonder, is there a plan for the devs to add a system that if the device was idle for some time, the violations would not be taken into account? As a user, I cannot sit next to my device for 19 hours and monitor the instruments, therefore I don’t think I should be demoted from Grade 4 to Grade 2 for these violations. This means I won’t be able to fly on Expert for a week.

What do you think? Have I done something obviously wrong that I’m not taking into account?

Nobody said you had to make such long flights…
In my opinion, it’s still the pilot’s responsibility to keep his flight under control. If it’s really needed, you could also deactivate your IF device from another device (like your mobile phone) via Apple’s Find My iPhone service.
Mistakes happen, but learn from them. :)

7 Likes