Violations on Live

Shaffer and I were just talking about this yesterday! Awesome job.

I’m calling witchcraft, by the way. This is heresy.

1 Like

Good to know these!

1 Like

Very helpful indeed.

@Tyler_Shelton , how many violations before you are booted or system ghosted?

It’s five I believe

This was so needed especially for the noobs making topics thinking they were given a violation by people reporting them or ATC

1 Like

Thank you so much for clearing this up. I always had a hard time knowing if my aircraft was restricted or not. Lol and to think it was so obvious. No I feel stupid. Thank you Tyler.

5, I believe.

Thanks for this post Tyler, this is going to be a very useful resource to all pilots. :)

1 Like

If you don’t mind me using this as a launch point, I’d also like to suggest checking not just the airport, but the runway lengths as well.

For example, KPBI is a Bravo, but that doesn’t mean you should try to land your A388 on 10R, which is 3000 x 75 or something like that.

(@SkyHighGuys, sorry to use as a jumping off point, not directed at you specifically)

Great info Tyler

What is aerobatics defined as? Certain Pitch exceeded? If so what is that magic number?

See also (and note ground speed):

To be honest, I just don’t know that perfect formula. From experience, quick climbs and tight banks with a high G count triggered the warning. Keep it civil and there shouldn’t be an issue.

When I say quick climb, I mean approaching a completely vertical 90°…

1 Like

Sometimes I’ll receive an acrobatic warning pulling a tight base in a Spit or an F16. Since fighters are designed to pull acrobatic maneuvers, do you think the restrictions should be relaxed for fighters?

1 Like

Actually they’re the reason it had to be implemented in the first place. We relaxed on it, but found that many users enjoyed showing off and giving LAX an air show during peak hours. 😐

Now it’s far more realistic. We still allow it but not in the vicinity of an airport, as it is in the real world with the use of MOAs in rural areas.

2 Likes

That makes sense, thanks for clearing it up!

1 Like

No worries. By commenting that way I was opening myself for ridicule lol. I’m used to it :). And I now know 100% how to tell if my aircraft is to large.

No ridicule meant. Merely using that checking on the restriction to also mention runway dimensions should be checked as well.

That’s fine. I don’t think it’ll be an issue. Just curious.

I will do that from now on. Thank you as well.