Violations at cruise

I was reading the violations page in the guide and was left unsure of whether you can receive a violation for not responding to the controller at cruise. Say you are at 36k and away from your device. Would you get a violation or not?

1 Like

You wouldn’t get a violation because the controller can see that you’ve been away from your device using the Away/Active feature that IF added in 20.1

3 Likes

Violations may not be issued to aircraft at cruise in the away State. All conflicts should be assumed unintentional.

9 Likes

You may be on guarded but there’s no reason for you to get reported whilst away at cruise. If any eventual conflict is on the horizon, atc will work the planes around you to ensure their experiences are smooth and not Casual Server like. Just my advice for all is to stay at an odd altitude when fly eastbound and flying even when going westbound. This ultimately decreases any chances of conflict. Check out the bottom of the page linked for more info:)

Step Climbs and Cruising Altitudes | Infinite Flight

2 Likes

there is an away feature, therefore u cant

1 Like

how do i change to ‘away’ status?

1 Like

Be away…

Just kidding! It is automatic, if you don’t touch the phone for a minute, you’ll become away

3 Likes

It does automatically after you don’t touch it for a few minutes (was beaten to the punch lol)

2 Likes

If remain inactive, say not touching your screen and changing camera views, you should be able to see an orange checkmark on your top right after about 5-10 minutes. That will let you know your away or not.

1 Like

After you haven’t touched screen for two mins, you will be shown you are left with a orange circle ATC Screen

1 Like

Wait. How do I turn on the away function?

1 Like

You don’t turn it on. It activates on its own, if you haven’t touched your device for more than two minutes.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like