Violation when taking off!

On which runway did you takeoff?

3 Likes

Maybe wait until you are past the runway takeoff/landing thresholds before exceeding 35kts…

2 Likes

If you saw the warning, why didn’t you brake or even stop?

11 Likes

From what I know you can’t get violations for taxi speed. It must have been during your flight.

2 Likes

You’re wrong. You most certainly can get it from taxiing too fast.

12 Likes
4 Likes

On live I have taxied too fast many times. Sometimes at 60kts GS. I have NEVER got a violation from it. Weird 💁‍♂️

2 Likes

Was it on casual? Maybe you were not on a taxiway 😎

1 Like

No - on TS1 (never on Expert). I barely ever fly on casual. ;)

1 Like

Like when I need to scramble to intercept a plane with my fighter because it’s running out of fuel 😁👌

1 Like

You must’ve veered to the edge of the runway possibly due to wind or lack of attention. When you cross the edge of the runway, it counts as a taxiway which has a 35 knots ground speed limit. Make sure you’re always aligned with the centerline of the runway by using the rudder slider.

2 Likes

I’ve had this happen at other airports with displaced thresholds, and can confirm it happens here, too, for those that don’t buy it:

12 Likes

Is that a blast pad or displacement threshold. Which airport?

A similar topic to this was actually opened before and discussed upon. The reason concluded in that argument was that the pilot exceeded the 35 knots limit before fully entering the runway, and then immediately began take off. This probably meant that the game didn’t register the new speed limit range for the runway because you were given a warning while taxiing and didn’t slow down.

1 Like

I believe there may be 2 reasons in this case

• You did veered off the runway
  • You took off from Blastpad
1 Like

Correction: only blastpad/stopway.

You don’t get violations on a displaced threshold

1 Like

Corrected it. Thanks Dush for your correction 😉

I was at KSNA…cant you read

I have no screenshots but I was on the runway at the time it happened and there was no wind and I didn’t veer off the runway

Were you on the threshold, happened to me once, turns out that area was counted as taxiing speed…

no I wasn’t…I was on the runway…at 150kts I pulled up to take off…my speed was never over 250knts as I never got to that speed when I was climbing…the second I pushed the throttles forward to take off when my speed went over 35knts it said I was speeding on the taxiway

1 Like