Violation warning noise while in outside view

I was just flying a Q400 and was in the locked outside camera and I was looking away during cruise to watch some TV, when I looked back a few minutes later I had a speed violation warning and then a logged speed violation. The only way I could’ve gotten a warning was through the overspeed noise in the cockpit or by looking at my device. I strongly believe there should be a noise to warn that a speed violation is imminent when in outside views of the aircraft so that people who look away from or set their device down while in cruise could have a fair warning when they begin to accidentally overspeed.

Simple solution: don’t leave your device while your plane is very close to overspeeding.

Better yet: Don’t get close to overspeeding in the first place. There is no reason to be near that red bar.

8 Likes

There is a noise I believe says “over speed”.

Hello, don’t leave device unattended until cruise. Also, watch speed is below 250 under 10,000ft. Finally, vote for your own feature 😉

1 Like

can I add:
Overspeed: when speed indicator goes into red bar and voice says overspeed a voice. No vio unless under 10k

Overspeed: when you go faster than 250knts
below 10,000ft vio given after warning

the fist one can’t get you a vio unless below 10k ft

1 Like

You can still get a vio above 10k ft if you exceed the red bar by too much

2 Likes

Yeah the same thing happened to me

Leave your camera view on hud or cockpit when you leave your device