Violation Reports

Hi guys,

Anyone else thinks the speed violations shouldn’t be reported if you are already decreasing speed? Say if I was at 300kts below 10000ft, if I keep increasing or maintaining my speed then the violation should report but if I’m decreasing my speed already maybe it shouldn’t count?

As I just got 2 violations for going too fast but then I quickly decrease my speed but then I got 2 violations and have lost my grade 3.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers~

3 Likes

You could have stop at 11,000ft or descend slowly to lose the speed. It’s your fault that you got the violations for it. I suggust to read in the #tutorials.

4 Likes

I think that would be incredibly hard to do but I mean…

1 Like

You should have slowed down prior to going under 10,000
This is a personal problem and doesn’t need to be changed for everyone.

9 Likes

The violation is not meant to be a warning, it’s a consequence of your actions. You already receive a warning 20 seconds prior to the first violation, and above that, you should know that you aren’t supposed to be doing 250+ knots under 10,000.

Yes, you’re slowing down, but that should have happened before you went under 10,000. To me, I think the current rules are fair.

13 Likes

No because then people would just go Mach 2 in an F-22 start decreasing their speed at at 10,001 feet then say it wasn’t their fault because they were already decreasing your speed. Just be at 260 knots at 11,000 then from there decrease your speed, it’s not that hard, I’ve always done this and have never gotten a speed violation before. I don’t see any point in doing this, if you can’t control your aircraft properly you shouldn’t be flying on expert

3 Likes

Fighters don’t have the speed limit. They can go mach 1.5 under 10,000. And usually IF gives a small leeway being 260kts under 10,000 But if you’re at 30,000 cruise, in 20,000 feet you should be able to down the 80-90 kts so.

1 Like

tbh I think that leeway causes more issues the way it’s implemented, cuz if you go over260, you actually need to slow below 250 within 20 seconds.

1 Like

Yes but for a super it’s a good implementation as it’s saved me a few times

1 Like

In a word…no! Rules are there for a purpose. Work with them. Imagine using that excuse in a court… No your honor I am not guilty of speeding when I crashed because I was slowing down at the time. Naaaa Naf idea.

4 Likes

Yeah but in certain planes unless you think fast you can’t slow very quickly (787 comes to mind)

1 Like

Whenever I start my descent (this happens especially with a 777), sometimes I get into situations where my speed increases as I am descending. And then I get to just above 10,000 ft (lets say, 10,500ft) and stay around there and let my speed decrease to under 250kts, then descend under 10,000 ft. (with the correct vertical speed)

2 Likes

Hi there!

You should have started to slow down prior to reaching 10,000ft, and if you were going to fast still, you should have slowed your descent rate. Unfortunately speed limits are speed limits!

It is like (for example) driving above the speed limit and then starting to slow down when you see the speed camera - you’re still gonna get a ticket no matter how much you try to persuade them!

Maybe check out the #tutorials area to find out more about speed and descent rates etc.

I hope this is useful!

rebal15

1 Like

While I hate getting violations and by far most violations I got over the years were speed violations, I still vote ‘No’ to your question. No, don’t change the system, for all the good reasons given above.

3 Likes

Same here, the Triple as well as the DC/MD are slippery birds. When flying those I tend to start my TOD an extra 20nm further out to allow for slowing down. I usually plan to “stop off” at FL120 before continuing below 10000ft on all aircraft for the same reason.

1 Like

No, however I suggest going straight verticaly up😂😂😂😂. Like the others stated should have slowed down prior. I mean you should be decending between 250 and 270 knots. And no faster than -2500ft vertical speed.

Note that 250kts below 10000ft speed restriction is also applicable for real life pilots, not just in IF.

So if you’re climbing make sure u don’t go beyond 250kts below 10000ft.

For descending, some prefer to descend to 10500 or 11000ft to give time for the plane to slow down.

Personally, I’d usually use speedbrakes till I reach 240kts, as leeway because descend rate might increase my speed, and then proceed to descend below 10000ft.

Either method works and high chance you won’t get speed violations :)

The slowing down thing, no. However, there should probably be a change in how the 10 kts leeway is implemented. Currently if you go over 260, you must slow down to below 250 to avoid the violation, and in some planes (like the 787) the only possible reaction is pulling up which might get you ghosted if a plane is very close above you.

Then just simply slow down so that doesn’t happen. No point in rushing a landing. And risk getting violations or better yet no realism™️ so

1 Like

I don’t get why the leeway is not implemented like the leeway for taxiing
Anyways I slow well in advance especially when ATC is around. This kind of stuff only happens to me during manual flight

1 Like