Violation Help

So today I was finishing a flight from Bordeaux to Toulouse and received a violation i don’t think i deserved

I had just landed and was asked to exit runway and i acknowledged it but was going 21kts and felt that was way to fast to exit so i aimed for the next exit possible

At this point I was trying to increase a little speed after i had braked so i could get to the next turn fast as there was another aircraft landing but i guess the tower didn’t think i did it right

Thank you for reading and if you could help that would be great.

Hey there! If you wish to contact the appeals team about a wrongful report given to you either by the system or by a controller, using this link would put you through to the appeals team who would be happy to assist you.

Sorry to hear that you’ve received a violation. Hope you can have it reversed!

Do what the Lord told you, but just to bring some awareness to why the controller gave you the violation:

1. 21 knots is definitely not too fast, planes regularly exit at 40 knots.
  2. You were told to expedite, meaning exit ASAP. There was traffic on a short final.

So the controller might have thought you messed up the flow of traffic and wasn’t following instructions.

I am not saying you’re wrong but explaining the situation to you.

Good luck with the appeal :)

2 Likes

When there is traffic on final like that and your bit far from exiting, go faster than the normal taxi speed limit on taxiways, this is so the aircraft on final doesn’t have to initiate a go-around.

1 Like

You shouldve exited at the first taxiway. Considering the maximum taxi speed is 35 knots, im not sure this may be appealed. Idk tho

2 Likes

Okay thanks for the help everyone i appreciate it

1 Like

Yeh well that’s well in the normal speed range for planes exiting the runway

2 Likes

To add on to the others, the “max” speed you can exit runways on are the following:

1. High speed exits = 35 knots max
    I F A L P A . . . . .
  2. 90 degrees exits = 10 knots max

Of course, like the others said, you can exit the runway at a faster speed if necessary.

2 Likes

Please contact the appeals team as @LordWizrak mentioned above if you believe the violation issued was unjustified. Thank you!