Violation for taxi speed while bush flying in the 172

I was recently doing some bush flying in the 172 near truckee tahoe and got a taxi speed violation. The cessna 172 stock is a great plane for bush flying so I dont understand why they wouldnt let us use the plane to it’s full potential which is why I beleive this is a glitch because the taxi speed should not be registered when not on an airport.

4 Likes

You’re not supposed to go over 35 kts on anything besides a runway or the air, or else you will receive violations. While I do agree that bush flying is a fun experience, hop on the Casual Server to avoid violations.

4 Likes

You HAVE to go over 35 on pavement. More on off field landings

1 Like

IF doesn’t recognize the ground as a runway, so it will give you violations if you’re over 35 kts. Again, the casual server will not give you any violations, and you can do as much bush flying as you please without any violations to worry about.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that a warning isn’t a violation. A warning box will pop up before you receive an actual violation, so if you haven’t confirmed you have a violation do that.

I find the XCub is better for bush flying for just this reason. You’re on the ground for so little time, there’s nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

Yes. Especially if you are as good as I am at a bush style takeoff. I can get the Xcub off the ground in probably 30 feet.

XCub = none for me but the 172 with analog gauges I can fly better than anything else in game. That includes bush flying. They should remove the taxi limit for GA planes when not on an airport.

4 Likes

Honestly, I hate it too, but so many people would abuse it if it didn’t exist.
I just land slow and into the wind to get it down to 45 ish knots over the ground, and make sure I lose the 10knts within 20 seconds

3 Likes

New Feature??
Edit: you can vote here for the ability to bush pilot without violations: Ability to Bush Fly Without Getting Violations

2 Likes

@HadenJohnson… MaxSez: The 172 is not a “Bush Plane”. With tricycle gear, a VR around 55/60 based on weight and its long take off roll it’s not a contender for unimproved rway OP’s. even with full flaps… In the remote outback 172’s operate from “Improved “ fields in the RW, Accordingly the Taxi Speed Warning should be expected and a violation issued if you Push this aircraft past its airworthiness profile. Even a real Busher like the XCub with its 40/45mph VR and 900 foot take off run is suited for real Bush Flyin if you use full flaps and pull to beat the clock. The 35mph limit is realistic,
Max

4 Likes

Exactly. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.